03 cobra vs 02 Z28

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Short story....not too much action, but I am ??

He had 4.10's and exhaust. 6 speed.

I was running on my 480 rwhp tune.

Here is the race. Only from 25-100. He took off early and jumped about a half a car. I ended up pulling about 3.5-4 on him in a time that seemed like nothing.

Here is my worry....shouldn't I have beat him more than that? I know it was only a 75 mph run, but still...480 hp vs maybe 300? I thought I should have beat him worse.

For comparison, I raced a 360 a while back with two passengers (with me) I was pulling him about a 1/2 car per gear (raced 30 mph in 1st through mid 4th)....to me that was more impressive.

Last edited:

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
Do you know for sure those are his only mods? Also its not a very long race so you didn't have alot of time to start pulling lenghts.

rubber duck

Established Member
I dunno, him getting the jump and you ending up 3-4 cars in front doesn't seem too bad, it's a decent pull.

evo connevo

Established Member
Ye those gears will really wake his car up. He got the jump and you pulled a buslength, that sounds about right.

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
Sounds about right. Who knows what else he might have had. Those cars love the juice!

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
I'm guessing this is in the '03? You have to figure in the ~200lb weight and gearing disadvantage. If he is a good driver plus taking the hit he could put up a better fight than you were counting on. If you stared at the same time and went to a higher mph you probably could have sqeezed a car or two more out of the run.

16kOrBust

Established Member
He's got a weight advantage and a gear advantage, which adds up to a lot. He's also probably putting down anywhere from 325-340 if he has full exhaust (ie Long Tubes), give or take. I would say pulling 4-5 cars sounds dead on for how short of a race it was. He barely got into fourth on that race.

Users who are viewing this thread