03 Cobra/Viper RT10/GTS comparision

StangD281

Established Member
That 12.3 is a tough number to hit according to that post, with only a seat-cushion & spare-tire removed. I havent driven one of these things yet, but I seriously think it will take a pulley change and exhaust before a street driver gets one of these down into the low 12's. Hell a professional drivers best time was 12.67 (with rollcage, computer paraphenalia, & a headwind.) I see 12.5 possible stock consistently, but I guess we'll see as the times start rolling in....

YellowSnake

Established Member
I'm really not too concerned about the time he posted (12.3) more then the first hand experience when he said "The car felt stronger than my RT/10 from the start, and above 3500 RPM it rivaled my GTS in pull feel." This is just incredable for a "pony" car... and the more I wait and the more info that rolls in (despite the bad gas stuff) makes me think the blue oval did this one right baby! :)

Can't wait for "my wifes" car to arrive (long story... lets just say that the 01 won't be the slower Cobra after the mods are complete :-D ). I get to drive it too - hell, I'm paying for the damn thing so I'll be damn sure to get my time in the 03 driver's seat.

Cat Breath

Established Member
BS

As of right now, this story isn't really credible as far as I'm concerned. I'll wait for the posted times from my fellow svtperformance posters to come close to 118 STOCK before I buy this guys claim.

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by YellowSnake

Bow-tie boys... read it and weep :mj:
Not a chance. No F'in way the car will trap 118mph.

Think about it.

Evan Smith pulls a 113mph run he is a professional, and did it in weather that was 20 degrees cooler. If Evan were to run at the same place the guy with the Viper did, he would have only trapped 111mph due to the temps being 20 degrees warmer. The discrepancy between 111mph and 118mph is about 70rwhp. There is no way Evan drove a car that was detuned by 70rwhp.

The guy made the pass on ultra sticky drag radials, and those make your trap speed slower than street tires. That would make it even harder to run a 118mph trap speed.

Lastly, both Evan Smith and this Viper owner both cut 1.9x 60 ft times in their cars.

Evan, who is considered one of the best drivers around gets a 12.4@113mph. IF, and I mean if Evan was driving the same car that supposedly ran a 12.3@118, Evan would have piloted it to a hi 11/12 flat at 119mph or so.

Does that even sound remotely reasonable to you??

I think this Viper guy ran his Viper and told everyone the Cobra got the times just to **** everyone's heads. Cutting a 1.9x 60ft, and trapping 118mph, the guy should have had a much better ET than 12.3 IMO. Sounds like his Viper spun off the line and still finished with a decent time and high trap.

YellowSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
Hell, dont let her hog it all!!!! :burnout:
hehehehe - well, when you got an old lady that has been putting up with your $hit for the last 27 years, never lies, cheats or does anything other then be supportive in every aspect of your life... then all I got to say is that she can hog the everloving crap out of it. Besides, you can't ride the Cobra all the time :-D :-D :-D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: 03 Cobra/Viper RT10/GTS comparision

Originally posted by verbs
I think this Viper guy ran his Viper and told everyone the Cobra got the times just to **** everyone's heads. Cutting a 1.9x 60ft, and trapping 118mph, the guy should have had a much better ET than 12.3 IMO. Sounds like his Viper spun off the line and still finished with a decent time and high trap.
Exactly what I was thinking... If that's the case, what a douchebag...

If not, that's one hell of a Mustang!

superduty

Established Member
If this guy is telling the truth, I hope my 03 runs that good. My 03 feels strong, but I don't know if it feels low 12's strong. Can only hope.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread