'03 Cobra Vert vs. Audi S4

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I was in the Cobra on my way to a wedding last Saturday afternoon. I was heading North on the 210 between Pasadena and the 118.

I came across an S4 that wanted to test the machinery.

We started from a 100 mph roll....by 120 the Cobra was about 1 car length ahead...by 140 the Cobra had about three lengths.

Then the S4 driver wanted to go again (I don't know why people can't accept defeat...when you're beaten, you're beaten). This time, I ran up to his rear bumper and stayed there to about 130...at which point, I backed off.

Then the S4 driver wanted to go a third time...I declined...I had already won twice and there was nothing more to prove (triple digit speeds are a risky proposition).

The win margin wasn't as much as I thought it would be. The difference was not really obvious until at least a couple seconds into the runs.

I checked the latest issue of R&T. Apparently, the S4 finishes the quarter in 12.9 at 109.8 mph, which is a time for a stock '03/04 Cobra.

Cobie03

Established Member
100mph roll? Thats a pretty fast roll to begin with. A win is a win but I'm just saying you should have slowed it down alot more IMO to really see what your snake can do against the S4. Good kill none the less. :beer:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Definitely newer...I know this because my pal with an A4 keeps telling me he wants one.

Cobie, it might have been interesting to slow down, but that wasn't about to happen. IMHO, import owners often put down domestics for not having "top end" so it's nice to prove otherwise from the 100 roll...

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
hey nice kill at high speeds, however i would have thought u would have pulled them a lot harder, I drive my moms s4 and it def. cant keep up with a cobra, especially from a roll. maybe it was modded, or maybe im just unrealistic on how much u can pull at triple digit speeds. anyways nice kill anyways

primetime

Established Member
RedfireVert said:
Definitely newer...I know this because my pal with an A4 keeps telling me he wants one.

Cobie, it might have been interesting to slow down, but that wasn't about to happen. IMHO, import owners often put down domestics for not having "top end" so it's nice to prove otherwise from the 100 roll...

Interesting. Actually, stock the new ones are faster however the b5(00-02) S4's have a huge upside being that they are turbo motors and built for big boost. My buddy has a 01 S4 with K04 turbos, downpipes, exhaust, clutch, and computer flash that runs consistent mid 11's at 115+mph. Not the greatest trap speed but still pretty fast. I haven't seen a newer one run better than low 13's at the track yet. Granted I have seen maybe a 1/2 dozen or so of them at the track. later Ron

joegt38

Established Member
primetime said:
Interesting. Actually, stock the new ones are faster however the b5(00-02) S4's have a huge upside being that they are turbo motors and built for big boost. My buddy has a 01 S4 with K04 turbos, downpipes, exhaust, clutch, and computer flash that runs consistent mid 11's at 115+mph. Not the greatest trap speed but still pretty fast. I haven't seen a newer one run better than low 13's at the track yet. Granted I have seen maybe a 1/2 dozen or so of them at the track. later Ron
Actually 115 is a great trap for an AWD, is that yours in your sig? I had an 00 that color, fun car to drive.

primetime

Established Member
joegt38 said:
Actually 115 is a great trap for an AWD, is that yours in your sig? I had an 00 that color, fun car to drive.

Yes that is my grocery getter. Unfortunately it is a tiptronic. I hate autos but I got a deal I couldn't pass up. It has ran a 13.86 with just a chip and pump gas and about 200lbs in stero equipment. I have since added a exhaust and run race gas. I think it will go 13.5ish but it definetly is not as fast as a 6-speed since I can't get the RPM's over 2K to launch. I have perfected flashing the convertor and getting pretty decent launches. It is a fun car to drive though and it does get out of it's own way. lol later Ron

joegt38

Established Member
primetime said:
Yes that is my grocery getter. Unfortunately it is a tiptronic. I hate autos but I got a deal I couldn't pass up. It has ran a 13.86 with just a chip and pump gas and about 200lbs in stero equipment. I have since added a exhaust and run race gas. I think it will go 13.5ish but it definetly is not as fast as a 6-speed since I can't get the RPM's over 2K to launch. I have perfected flashing the convertor and getting pretty decent launches. It is a fun car to drive though and it does get out of it's own way. lol later Ron
Mine was a tiptronic also with just a K&N and it ran pretty well I beat a few SRT-4 outta the hole pretty good. My buddy here has an 01 with 6spd with about 325 awhp, it feels pretty strong, hard as hell outta the hole.

ibepressin

Established Member
I'm suprised you did'nt totally destroy that s4. I ran into my neighbor in his "newer style s4 ,v8, has flares under the doors" from a 45 roll it was a total ass whoopin. He had to have some kind of mods done to it to hang with you at all.

Last edited:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Yeah I know...the Audi must have had something. That he kept coming back for more could've been a clue.

I think my car's running fine..still lights 'em in first and second.

Users who are viewing this thread