03 cobra vert vs. 09 GT 500 Coupe

topless03svt

Z06 HUNTER
Established Member
Just got the car back together after having the heads redone. Car is bone stock with the exception of a JLT CAI , Nitto NT01's and H&R race springs. Only had the car 2 months and has been torn down most of this time. My good friend has a GT500 with several bolt ons making 583 rwhp. Mine has yet to be dynoed. Took them out last night to play around.
First run, dead stop, as usual he spun like crazy and I pulled 2 cars on him, but before I got to 2nd he was already pullin me. By the time I got to 3rd he had me by about 3-4 car lengths and we let out. 2nd run was 45mph in second both cars, he pulled me with ease and had me by about the same amount as the first race when we let out. Needless to say, outcome as I expected but it was all in good clean fun. I plan on sneaking over to his house tonight and removing several plug wires then challenging him again.....LOL :coolman:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good runs! :beer:
I have still yet to play with a GT500 properly, hopefully it comes up :burnout:
Disconnect the lil black hose from the supercharger or just leave it somewhat open , should take care of the problems :lol1:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Just got the car back together after having the heads redone. Car is bone stock with the exception of a JLT CAI , Nitto NT01's and H&R race springs. Only had the car 2 months and has been torn down most of this time. My good friend has a GT500 with several bolt ons making 583 rwhp. Mine has yet to be dynoed. Took them out last night to play around.
First run, dead stop, as usual he spun like crazy and I pulled 2 cars on him, but before I got to 2nd he was already pullin me. By the time I got to 3rd he had me by about 3-4 car lengths and we let out. 2nd run was 45mph in second both cars, he pulled me with ease and had me by about the same amount as the first race when we let out. Needless to say, outcome as I expected but it was all in good clean fun. I plan on sneaking over to his house tonight and removing several plug wires then challenging him again.....LOL :coolman:

Good luck finding his plug wires... Sounds like a fun race. It's always nice to play with faster cars just for shits and giggles. I've got a video of a white 03 termi vert destroying my car at the RaceLegal track here in San Diego. I was almost stock with tune/cai and he was pushing somewhere around 580 at the wheels... I got killed but it was nice to see that cobra run.

blkvenm97

Established Member
Good luck finding his plug wires... Sounds like a fun race. It's always nice to play with faster cars just for shits and giggles. I've got a video of a white 03 termi vert destroying my car at the RaceLegal track here in San Diego. I was almost stock with tune/cai and he was pushing somewhere around 580 at the wheels... I got killed but it was nice to see that cobra run.

you raced an almost stock 03 cobra with a tune and cold air intake and he was pushing 580 rwhp???? Am I missing something here?:shrug: good kill op

BlueSnake01

Established Member
you raced an almost stock 03 cobra with a tune and cold air intake and he was pushing 580 rwhp???? Am I missing something here?:shrug: good kill op
He raced an 03 making 580 whp when he (meaning 92hatchlx) was almost stock with a tune and CAI. I thought he said perfectly well :shrug:

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
He raced an 03 making 580 whp when he (meaning 92hatchlx) was almost stock with a tune and CAI. I thought he said perfectly well :shrug:

Umm, I'm pretty sure he has an 03 Convertible and he raced a GT500?

EDIT: I'm such an idiot... haha

Users who are viewing this thread