03 Cobra valve covers?

Murdered97

Established Member
I currently have a pretty stock '97 Cobra and was wondering if 03 valve covers would fit on my car? If so what is needed, if any? Any HP or TQ gains? Thanks

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Yes they will fit. I am assuming you want to run them to take advantage of the cleaner looking COP ignition system. If so you'll need the valve covers, 99+ power steering reservoir bracket, coil covers, 8 coils, and a Red Monster wiring harness to connect the coils to the coil pack connections in the stock wiring harness. I have heard of gains in spark output and the COP ignition having better resistance to spark blow out in boosted applications but for a stock cobra I wouldn't expect any performance gains. Just a easy way to clean up the engine bay.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...onversion-Harness!!-Will-be-available-shortly

WZL 96

SN95 Wrangler
Established Member
Just did the COP swap on my stock engine'd 96 cobra. It cleans the engine bay up a lot, improved throttle response slightly and I honestly believe it feels more alive. This may be due to the original coil packs being 20 years old however.

Users who are viewing this thread