03 Cobra to rear Saleen conversion in works

8gtoklr

Established Member
now before the pitch forks come out...I am sourcing out a base/GT trunk to add the wing to. And all COBRA parts will be taken off carefully and preserved!

My current setup needs repaint and then some..so I wanna do the conversion

now to business...can I still order form saleen or do I have to go to a Mr.bodykit type place. I have searched and found dead ends and links that are 6 years old.

1 piece wing
rear bumper
base/gt trunk

Last edited:

8gtoklr

Established Member
Sonic blue trunk bought and on the way! (99-00), Have a call in to Saleen,Looked at Mrbodykit, looked at cruzin concepts, and other sources for remainders

8gtoklr

Established Member
Stage three doesnt offer them any more, I am looking at Saleen,Mrbodykit or Ait racing

8gtoklr

Established Member
Saleen is taking names for the backorder list. They're hoping for this year sometime to get molds produced for wing & bumper. probably looking at 1000 bucks with taxes and shipping.

8gtoklr

Established Member
Picking up trunk this morning...fingers crossed lol. Also I saw the Extreme Dimensions who is local to me and will save me hundreds in shipping costs, carries in stock the wing and bumper in urethane. Oh the brand of the wing and bumper are Couture.

I think Im gonna do the wing first and see how that goes...baby steps. pics will come, i didnt forget.

I had an idea...since im getting a replica bumper and there isnt any print of saleen or cobra. I still have my cobra bumper inserts, what if I had those traced onto the bumper and then airbrushed to make it look like the original ...thoughts?

Last edited:

8gtoklr

Established Member
well this sucks...lid came in almost perfect. Seller didnt package right and it severely chipped the edges of the trunk :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread