03 cobra ticking noise

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
Hello all,

I have an 03 cobra with 20k miles.
I've heard a ticking noise coming from the exhaust on the driver side. Seems to be coming from the h pipe. I had it put up on a lift at a local shop and they were unable to identify the source. I'm beginning to think it is just the exhaust system that is on there now. But as of recently I've started hearing a tick that seems to be coming from the injectors. I'm unable to identify exactly where but it seems like at least 1 on each side of the fuel rails is ticking. Is this common with the cobras? I've had one other mod car which was an 01 Cobra which had a tick. But it wasn't as faint and was a lash adjuster. Anything I could do like run a fuel additive?

Zemedici

Established Member
So you have two separate ticks? It sounds like one's an exhaust leak and the other is just the loud injectors.

Blueline

Established Member
Injectors on these cars are loud, if your still running the stock injectors. Does the ticking which you think is coming from the exhaust change after the car warms up? You can try plugging the tail pipes and see if the sound changes. What you do is plug one with a rag. Then have someone plug the driver side one for a sec and see if the ticking changes. If it's an exhaust leak, you should hear a difference when it's plugged and not plugged. These cars make lots of noises

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
The injectors make more of a buzzing noise. You don't hear the exhaust tick from the engine bay only under the car where the mid pipe is. I'll try the rag idea out and see what I get thanks.

Doesn't change when it's warmed up its pretty consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread