03 COBRA TECH NEEDED..PROBLEM

02yellowgt

I'm doing a 03 cobra swap from a totaled 03 cobra convertible into a Body in white mustang.I'm purpoise building this car for track fun....Anyhow I'm getting the car close to being finished and need a few questions answered

1st. I can't find the vacume routing for the cluster boost gauge.. I see the spot on the back of the cluster for a vacume line.but since I've tossed most the dash and heater box I can't figure out where that vacume line would plug in out under the hood?

2ndI've redone most of the main body harness with a helm ford wiring manual.. cut out most everything except for brake lights and fuel pump wiring..I've noticed this box under the dash it 's about 4x6 blackbox located next to the fuse block has many plugs going in and out can' t really figure out what this does?

Thanks

D-Cobra

Established Member
well... for the vaccum under the hood.

if you stand on the driver's side and look at your fuel rail. right below the fuel rail there should be some little red tubes. i think it's the one at the bottom that has a L shape plug at the end.

try and see if that helps.

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Originally posted by StevePoe
...2ndI've redone most of the main body harness with a helm ford wiring manual.. cut out most everything except for brake lights and fuel pump wiring..I've noticed this box under the dash it 's about 4x6 blackbox located next to the fuse block has many plugs going in and out can' t really figure out what this does?

Thanks

Might be one of the control modules. The 99 and up Cobra (probably all Mustangs) actually have a sort of 'network' in the car with different modules handling different things. Looking in a 99 manual (sorry all I have at the moment), it looks like it might be the GEM (General Electronic Module). The part number is 14B205 which you might be able to reference with a local Ford Parts guy.
There are actually two networks in the car, and SCP network and an ISO 9141 network. The PCM for the engine works on the SCP network, the GEM is on the ISO 9141. According to what I can make of the manual, the GEM controls warning chimes, one touch down power windows, wipers, and perimeter anti-theft. Perhaps someone smarter with electronics can use this info to help you:)

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
any vacuum/boost signal under the hood will do. I would get it from the fps vac line

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
THAT BLACK BOX YOU DESCRIBE MAY JUST BE
"the black box " the federal crash investigators plug a computer into it and can go back in time if there is a car crash and see the last 15 minutes of the cars life , in real time on a laptop computer:beer:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by AzureBlue03Mach1
THAT BLACK BOX YOU DESCRIBE MAY JUST BE
"the black box " the federal crash investigators plug a computer into it and can go back in time if there is a car crash and see the last 15 minutes of the cars life , in real time on a laptop computer:beer:

I was told our Cobra's DO NOT have such a device. Not saying they don't exist... just that our cars are not equipped with one.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread