03 Cobra Swap, Need Opinions!

Ford1288

Established Member
03-04 Cobra engine T-56 6 speed

What do you guys think? I know there are tons of threads dealing with this but I want to purchase ASAP while the deal is there, and Im not the most savy mechanic or tech guy.

My questions are, how much more do you think it would it cost me to complete the swap? (I need this smog legal)
Any way I could verify the engine and tranny are good to go? (I asked if he had the dyno sheet or any proof)
Any other advice, tips?

Seems like a good deal and if someone else jumps on it go right ahead, im not dead sold on going this direction but am really considering it. This would end up with me selling my foxbody and I am not thrilled about that.

Noreast

Established Member
IMO i would never sell that lx. Itll probably be faster than the termi swap... yeah the termi swap might have more room to work with but still rather have 2 bad ass cars than one ... just my 2 cents...

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
At that price just buy it & stick it in the corner of the garage.
Drop the pan take a look at all the parts & block.
Take some plugs out do a borescope, you can get one from home depot now lol.
Or you could do compression test.

Last edited:

Noreast

Established Member
Damn i didnt relize there was a link lol Shit thats cheap..... no way of getting it without having to sell your fox?

Ford1288

Established Member
I could, but I'm also trying to clear some medical debt while being able to keep some toys. I'm selling my bronco so maybe I can swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford1288

Established Member
Sike! Looks like a scam, check out this email. Guess I'll keep dreaming...

I still have motor for sale. This motor is in excellent condition,has been stored indoors and has been very well taken care of. I have proof that is working. I have bought it on ebay
Unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because i left town few days ago to help my daughter organizing her wedding and i may stay here a while., but this is not a problem because i`ll sell it through OT - pay services. I believe you know what OT - pay is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread