03 cobra stall- Help

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
I disconnected my battery the other day and today was the first time I drove the car since. Car started fine and idled fine in the drive way, when I drove the car it would stall every time I pushed the clutch in but otherwise ran normal. After about 20 miles of driving it would only stall ever so often. I put about 60-70kms on it tonight and when I came home seems to be ok. Is this just related to the computer relearning due to disconnected battery? Seems strange. I had a custom tune done about a month ago on the car so its not a factory tune.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
When you reset the computer it normally does take a few driving cycles in order to learn everything again. Most of the stalling issue is caught and corrected by the computer, it just had nothing to learn from since it was starting fresh.

jds13640

Established Member
given a car that is 7 years old carbon builds up on everything. when the battery is diconnected the ecu resets like you said. with that carbon build up it just takes that much longer for the computer to learn the proper parameters. no worries you will be good to go.

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
it might need a tune, mine did this after a cai install took it to the dealer and they downloaded a updated 04 tune i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread