03 cobra SLP 1 catbck or Borla stingers

5_0coyote

Established Member
Hello people i have Bassani catted x pipe and borla stingers. There loud but i want louder. i was wondering whats louder SLP fatback with my catted x pipe or get O/R x pipe and keep borla stinger?

Zemedici

Established Member
O/R X with stock manifolds is ungodly loud. Ive got an O/R X with my bassani cb with deltaflow mufflers, and if i'm next to the wall on the interstate, and I punch the skinny pedal with my window down, it literally hurts my brain. ha

I would go LT w/ midpipe, that's what i'm doing with my setup soon. It cleans up the tone, and its not as overpowering.

Mystic03

Established Member
get a prochamber in there will eliminate rasp...ui have prochamber with lm1's...love them..on my SB cobra i have upr o/r x with stingers...they sound great cruising..but WOT raspy and sound like dog shit i will be switching to another prochamber with my SB

5_0coyote

Established Member
]
O/R X with stock manifolds is ungodly loud. Ive got an O/R X with my bassani cb with deltaflow mufflers, and if i'm next to the wall on the interstate, and I punch the skinny pedal with my window down, it literally hurts my brain. ha

I would go LT w/ midpipe, that's what i'm doing with my setup soon. It cleans up the tone, and its not as overpowering.

I leaing to O/R x now with stingers lol.

Ourobos

Established Member
I have long tubes, offroad x-pipe and was in a delimea of choosing pypes M80s or SLP LM1.. I went with the LM1.. Like you, I like it loud.. And it certainly IS.. It's plain nasty.

Jkay98

Established Member
I am not sure which brand X-pipe I have but I'm pretty sure its catted and I have an SLP cat back which I think is a LM1. All I know is that my cobra is really loud and its fun going under bridge and tunnels.
I plan to get my decibel meter from work tomorrow so I can find out how loud my car actually is. When I do I will post it here.

Jkay98

Established Member
So I brought home my decibel meter to see how loud my exhaust was. I was too lazy to pull it out of my garage so I just tried it inside with a couple quick revs and it spiked at 123 db.
I will try it again outside when the weather is nice again. I will have to find a way to test it while driving as well.

Jkay98

Established Member
It was nice enough out after work today so I took her out to get some gas and took the following decibel readings.
I placed the meter 2 feet behind the car in my driveway and gave it a quick rev which came to 120 db.
On the way to the gas station I place it on the passengers seat with the windows down and maxed out at 100 db.
I also noticed just putting around it was around 80-90 db.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
i have a mac O/R X and SLP LM1's, Ive only put about 10miles on my new set up but loud is an understatement. I had a 2v BBK LT's and O/R X with the SLP's but this set up is way louder.

I like it, and so far the owner of the car wash(car guy, first destination on my maiden voyage) loved the sound of it

My buddy has an 04 with BBK LT's, O/R X and Stingers. When he passes me at WOT you feel it right in your chest, its loud.

OP Ditch the catted X, then get back to us

Last edited:

cobra-k

Established Member
I rock a full slp set up long tubes back with lm2 resonators. I love it. it's loud can't hear the Kenne bell anymore, had people stand back while making a 2nd gear pull. They say they almost need to put in ear plugs, but it's a nice nasty kind of loud.

Users who are viewing this thread