03 cobra shortblock NJ

svt_cobra_03

Established Member
Just pulled my engine out to swap to a 5.3. Has around 85000mi. passenger side compression was good all were between 205-220. drivers side both front cylinders were at 215 3rd cylinder back was at 175 and rear was only 100 after pulling the head off looks like an exhaust valve was burnt up. You can still see the crosshatch on the cylinder walls. Pistons only have carbon on them right now i can see no damage to them. shortblock will not be disassemblied. i would recommend changing the rings or at least checking them. looking to sell locally im located in NJ. I would like to get just a few 100 for it not sure what good price on this is so i will also take offers. Just found out this is an aluminum block part number rf-1L2E. Pretty much a mach 1 engine. Also it is a 6bolt crank il let the flywheel go with it also want this out of the garage. pm me and lets get a deal done! pics will be up later on today. note that everything i need to transfer over to the new shortblock will not be included.
image_zps1ebe044d.jpg
image_zpsd4b3043b.jpg
image_zpsa2ea277d.jpg
image_zps409b3cd9.jpg

image_zps78415d1a.jpg

image_zpsff1ee5f4.jpg

image_zps6e19f23f.jpg

image_zps94ddc9e8.jpg

image_zps7a0cd84e.jpg

image_zpsd1ea21f9.jpg
image_zps749e4e1e.jpg

Last edited:

svt_cobra_03

Established Member
Updated.. this shortblock came out of an 03 cobra but it has an aluminum block not sure what parts are inside i will try to get part numbers for the rods and such.

svt_cobra_03

Established Member
updated cheap price! want this out of my garage makes me mad everytime i see it knowing some1 put this in my cobra sometime before i got it!

Wicked 02 GT

Established Member
Have u ever figured out what rods and crank are in this block? Pretty curious and interested.

svt_cobra_03

Established Member
yea its a mach 1 block unforged ford rods and pistons also 6bolt unforged crank. I have another person that may be interested in this but his inbox is full. I was dissapointed to find out my cobra had a unforged mach1 shortblock.

svt_cobra_03

Established Member
well this was my first mustang i ever bought and the car is a real cobra everything is right except the shortblock it only had 55000miles on it and i got it for 17k 3 yrs ago i ran the vin got carfax all that good stuff looked great im not to mad about it now since i got a good shortblock shipping here for it

Users who are viewing this thread