03 Cobra Seats: Removing Headrests and SHIPPING?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Blinkstang

Established Member
I am trying to ship a set of 03' Cobra seats and it would make things a lot easier if I could remove the headrests. I tried searching and didn't find anything or it seems that this is a hard task. Is it possible to do or is it something that cannot be done??

If I can get them removed it will save A LOT of money on shipping. I am trying to ship the seats via UPS.

With the headrests on it causes a slight bump in the box which screws with the dimensions I am aiming for. Currently UPS is saying the box comes in at 25x25x31 - which comes out to $218.88 to ship the front two seats.

NOW, if I am able to cut that down by one lousy inch (in height) to 25x25x30 it comes out to 118.88 for both front seats shipped! Thats a $100 difference for 1 inch of height space.

So if I can remove the headrests, it will give me that extra space that I need.

Or if anyone has any suggestions as to a different shipping company to use, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I have not tried calling any local freight companies, but just went by what others have used for shipping from what I have read - and that usually is UPS.

Thanks for your help, I need any help I can get right now! I need to have these seats shipped by tomorrow and I only got $200 for shipping from the buyer. I am looking at paying $350 to ship them because of that extra inch, and losing a big chunk of the seat money! If I can do it for $250, then losing $50 isn't too bad at all and I would have no problem paying the extra for giving an inaccurate shipping quote.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Blinkstang

Established Member
Here is how I have the seats setup, I placed them into one box normally and used another box of the same dimensions to place over the top half - then taped them together.

I hit the seat recline button and pushed the seat forward and down as far as I could get it. This got me within centimeters of being at the right dimensions. But the headrests create a bump in the box.

(In the pics, the seats are not yet pushed/reclined forward):

68839089hy3.jpg

37277963pz4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread