03 cobra pumps in 01

blownCOB

Established Member
i have an 01 cobra and i just got my 03 cobra pumps. how do i install them. is there a write up of how to do it or could some one tell me how to do it?

mike01svt

Established Member
blownCOB said:
i have an 01 cobra and i just got my 03 cobra pumps. how do i install them. is there a write up of how to do it or could some one tell me how to do it?

since no one replied I will help you out..
disconnect battery

Drop tank.which includes the tank straps and the filler neck 3 bolts on filler neck, 2 on tank strap. Place floor jack under tank before starting. unscrew 6 bolts on top of old pump housing. Disconnect fuel line with metal fuel line removal tool. Disconnect electrical. remove old pump. Drop in new pump connect back up,raise tank. 40 minutes to do mine. by myself! with 1/4 tank of gas

DONE

blowngt

Established Member
yoshis99_cobra said:
what is the metal fuel line removal tool and where can I get one?

You can pick them up at any local parts store (pepboys, autozone, etc). They're a round piece of plastic that fits over where the fuel line connects. I believe they're called A/C-fuel line disconnect tool.

chevysRslow

Established Member
2003 tank is baffled to keep from starving the pump. Not sure if this is really needed. Has anyone with the pump in a stock 99 or 01 tank had a problem???

blowngt

Established Member
chevysRslow said:
2003 tank is baffled to keep from starving the pump. Not sure if this is really needed. Has anyone with the pump in a stock 99 or 01 tank had a problem???

For the cost of the cobra tank (less than $300), it's not worth the risk of leaning out the motor and :burn:

Just my opinion, but why take a chance???

chevysRslow

Established Member
blowngt - Good question... Two questions in return.
1) I've heard about the risk. Anyone know if someone has actually had the problem?
2) Where can you get the tank for less than $300?

Thx...

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
ive hear if you keep your gas tank above 1/4 tank you will be fine.
just fill up sooner
and i think the 03 tank has a lower sump than our cars.
J

Users who are viewing this thread