'03 Cobra Pricing

FL Cobra03

Established Member
I emailed the pricing to my dealer at Plantation Ford here in Fort Lauderdale and he confirmed the pricing. I've got a convertible on order. So with sales tax and everything the price is getting up there.:lol:

lethal

Established Member
Did they sell you your car at MSRP? When I called Plantation, I asked "I'd like to know if you will sell me a 2003 Cobra at MSRP" the guy basically laughed at me.

I hope you had a better experience then I did. Right now I got mine at MSRP from Maroonie in Margate (formerly Mullinax).

Anyhow, I know it will be 5 months before I get mine, but I still am totally excited. This will be one sweet ride.

FL Cobra03

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal
Did they sell you your car at MSRP? When I called Plantation, I asked "I'd like to know if you will sell me a 2003 Cobra at MSRP" the guy basically laughed at me.

I hope you had a better experience then I did. Right now I got mine at MSRP from Maroonie in Margate (formerly Mullinax).

I ordered it back in February. At the time they said it "probably" will be at MSRP. Of course I have nothing in writing. They said they will get me the VIN and info on the vehicle next week. At that time I will have everything in writing. We'll see

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Dude,

are you rollin, or just doin bong hits?

get everything in writing!

Trust no one...

Especially rug traders with three legged camels....

Was that politically correct?

Oh well, rug traders, car dealers, the guy willing to take an old cow as payment for a handfull of magic beans, same old story...

lol

:bash:

my03svtcobra

Established Member
I WAS TOLD 3000.00 BUCKS OVER INV. AND THATS IS ON MY ORDER SLIP OR AT MARKET NOT TO EXCEED 3000.00 BUCKS I ALSO HAVE 5 MONTHS TO GO
SD

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by my03svtcobra
I WAS TOLD 3000.00 BUCKS OVER INV. AND THATS IS ON MY ORDER SLIP OR AT MARKET NOT TO EXCEED 3000.00 BUCKS I ALSO HAVE 5 MONTHS TO GO
SD

And you're going to pay that? I sure hope you're smarter than that!:coolman:

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Hey is the gaz guzzler tax part of the whole price of the car.....

I am wondering if this is taxable when considering the complete cost of the car and sales tax...

Rob03

Established Member
The gas guzzler tax is part of the MSRP. Not sure if it's taxable. Sure hope not. Nothing like getting taxed for the same money twice....or should I say 3 times since we will also pay more at the pump because of the low MPG and the 93 octane gas...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
$5000.00 markup

The dealers here in Cal. want $5000.00 over invoice. That's nuts! If i decide to sell my L. I'll go out of state to buy a cobra. $5000.00 is just too much. :cuss: :bash:

fangstang

Established Member
Re: $5000.00 markup

Originally posted by LEAD LARRY
The dealers here in Cal. want $5000.00 over invoice. That's nuts! If i decide to sell my L. I'll go out of state to buy a cobra. $5000.00 is just too much. :cuss: :bash:

You think?!:coolman:

SPDFRK

Established Member
Just curious, does anyone know what INVOICE price is? Because $3000 over INVOICE might not be that bad. Now $3000 over MSRP is just stupid! They are making what, almost 10k Cobras in 2003! I would tell the dealer to PISS OFF if they told me $5000 over!:dw: :fm: :bash:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I didn't say it in so many words, but when i got the info I wanted and walked out I'm sure got the hint. $3000.00- $5000.00 is just ignorant. There's no way L.L. will pay.

Users who are viewing this thread