03 Cobra playing with Lambo (+J. Snover)

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Well I was out a few weekends ago with some friends just hanging around in the republic of Mexico. You know cruising around, enjoying some of the fine roads over there, and we happened to run into one of our local Lambo owners. This guy is a pretty good sport and plays with me some. While we didn’t get to line up and honk because of the lack of room at the time (We ran 4 wide later on, but I put the camera down). I figured I’d give him a head start to see if he could lose me. Keep in mind this is not an LP560, this is an a regular Gallardo AWD with 2 people in it.

We had to let off for a second, but once we lined up, he was balls out into it, but it didn’t help him any. Obviously I know under different circumstances things would be different, but there is still no feeling like passing a Lambo, going balls out like it’s standing still. Right after I passed him, he slammed on the brakes, but did give me a wave, and kept messing with us.

We made some other runs against him off camera, a 500rwhp (est) KB s197 basically hung side by side from 40-110, so outcome is just about right.

This night I was running a little north of 620rwhp to about 510bhp in the Lambo. Obviously because he has the Lambo he still wins, but I figured I would share this little tid-bit with you. Obviously from a dig, the lambo would have been a much better opponent, but the guy was trying to get his latest conquest back to the house for some love, I have to respect that (he’s a buddies neighbor).

Enjoy SVT,

PS: Jim Snover needs to educate our local Honda owners on respect of other people’s property.

[ame="http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/tampa03cobra1/?action=view&current=KBCobravsLambo.flv"]KB cobra playing with a Lamborghini Gallardo[/ame]

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I remember when I destroyed a 360 Modena....there is nothing like wasting a $100K+ car with a lowly Ford Mustang. Now, I know at the end of the day I drive home in a Ford and he drives home in a Lambo but who cares. I didn't pay $100K+ for a car that still lost to a Terminator!!

-Mike

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
** waits for the first

"He wasn't racing, you just dubbed in the exhaust"

"On the internet this car traps this, so this is impossible. The Lambo would top end you, the lambo is a track car, the lambo could out handle you in curves, and this all somehow changes the outcome of your race in my simple internet fan boi mind"

"But your car is just a mustang he has the lambo" (wait I said that already)

"If you raced a honda with X,y,Z mods for way less money it would rape both cars"

"You should have stopped in the middle of the highway, and ran it from a dig, roll racing is never ok ever"

"If the lambo had an LS1 would have been different"

"Lambo had no driver, the driver mod would have made up the 150+ horsepower difference during a 6 second roll race"

Now that I've already said this crap, hopefully anyone thinking about it will keep it out of my thread =).

Thanks for the comments guys, It's not my usual type of "race" but it was pretty fun, especially in these times to find someone in an exotic willing to run the balls off of it.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i need to travel up to tampa... seems like there's alot of action in that city...

LANIGRL

CrazyCobraLady
Established Member
everyone knows i love my cobies. But a cobie agaisnt a Lambo. thats like a running a Lion and a Cheetah. Looked like fun though. thank you for the video.

Got Boost?

Established Member
It always surprises me what I run across on the street out here. Looks like you guys were crossing the Howard Franklin Bridge?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
good to see another tampa twinscrew cobra in action. haven't driven my car in 3 weeks due to all these damn bugs

Lankhoss

Established Member
I remember when I destroyed a 360 Modena....there is nothing like wasting a $100K+ car with a lowly Ford Mustang. Now, I know at the end of the day I drive home in a Ford and he drives home in a Lambo but who cares. I didn't pay $100K+ for a car that still lost to a Terminator!!

-Mike

Ricer!

Users who are viewing this thread