03 Cobra pings after 10 pounds of boost; please help.

46stang

Established Member
Yea, sean(onerichrunner) should have my program on file. he's the one that dyno tuned it for me:) Tell him you want my Hot program though! I have two street programs on my chip right now, I've been running the hot program for over a month now and it has never pinged! pulls like a clydsdale horse too:) I wasn't sure if i could get away with it, beings we have 91 crap gas, so i also put a file with less timing on my chip, just in case! now that I'm sure the Hot program doesn't ping, I'm going to get rid of the other program and burn a race program:)

RDSZ:
Your motor won't fry without the chip! It may be a little lean but it will be fine! If you send it back to get programmed, just try to drive easy until you get it back! I drove my car for like 3 weeks with no chip and the L pulley. it was/is fine.
HP from a chip will vary, but i can tell you i gained 29rwhp and 40rwtq with mine. and down low in the rpm range i ganed even more in some places:)
Leon

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I call Tim from UPR and told him about the problem, and told me that he will send me another chip. I guess they made a mistake and send me the one to use with 93 octane anyways they will ship me one to use with 91 octane.
The NGK-TR6 plugs did not help any of the pinging set at 0.40

Users who are viewing this thread