Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I have a (some) complaint(s) about the quality of my paint

Votes: 78 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Just wanted some ruff numbers on the paint quality of peeps 03 Snakes... would be good to know if its a big problem or a small problem e.g. if it warrants class action law suit.

Thanks for taking the poll!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
its as thin as a cheap hooker's nail polish....:cuss:

Rwick7

Established Member
Entire top of car is covered in Overspray...going in on Tuesday to get BUFFED....ouch. I've tried several different products to get it out with no luck...now it's Ford's turn.

TPOC

Established Member
I had some overspray on the left rear quarter panel, didn't notice it until I washed it for the first time....I was pissed :cuss:

But, it is fixed now. The quality of paint is lacking, just like every other mustang/cobra, I have owned.

IDAREU

Banned
The best paint job that I have ever seen on a Mustang was on the ASC MCLARENS. Those cars all started life as a white coupe and were modified into a 2 seat roadster and repainted with sickens. That paint is great stuff , those cars still shine bright!

Orange Poison

Established Member
So far so good....no complaints....the paint on my 03 was actually better than my 96 Mustang GT conv....Time will tell though. I am satisfied with the paint and my color (Sonic Blue) is absolutely awesome!

Tony

CobraTone

Established Member
Some orange peel in inconspicuous spots (in the front bumper, underneath the headlight) and a few minor spots on the hood. Also the fact that it had swirl marks when i bought it.

n0xlf

Established Member
My oxford white seems a bit thin, some orange peel, and seemed almost "tacky" on the plastic parts when I first got it, but that seems to have cured a bit...Rear plastic parts also have some mysterious light orange spots on them, but not bad enough for me to do something about it...

Most annoying thing to me was that you could tell they sprayed the hood and fuel door, and must have put them on immediately after, as the rubber stops took off all of the paint on the contact areas...Not a huge deal, but on a car like this, it shouldn't be that way...

I had a white 96 Eclipse, and the paint on that was thick, hard as a rock, and had no orange peel...

On a positive note, the shine seems great for not having applied any polishing products to it yet...

Still, I expected more...

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I do not have (to my knowledge) any orange peel, but I do have to agree that the paint quality should have been better. My paint seems really thin and deeply chips quite easily.

SnakeCharmed

Established Member
I have no problems with my paint or quality so far, I have thoroughly gone over the car and Zaino'd three times to date. No chips yet and no orange peel. Paint quality is better than my 96 Cobra and actually better than I expected so I am satisfied so far.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
White spots of some sort coming thru my red paint...bad peels. Due to go in for a repaint in those spots next week or the week after.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
The deck lid on mine is pitiful, bad orange peel, looks like they have the rookies paint the deck lids:gt:

I was out cruising with TPOC today and his deck lid has a lot of orange peel in it too.

Nice day for a topless cruise:beer:

-B

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by B-O-B'03

I was out cruising with TPOC today and his deck lid has a lot of orange peel in it too.

I had a great time B-O-B'03 and Coleman! I look forward to our next meeting. :beer:

This Thursday may be out for me though :( (on-call)

Next week though :thumbsup:

Later guys, and don't forget to turn off traction control :shrug: :loser: :cryying: :-D

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by TPOC
I had a great time B-O-B'03 and Coleman! I look forward to our next meeting. :beer:

This Thursday may be out for me though :( (on-call)

Next week though :thumbsup:

Later guys, and don't forget to turn off traction control :shrug: :loser: :cryying: :-D

TPOC and Coleman, I had mucho fun today.:beer: you guys can call me anytime for a drive:-D

I am on-call this week too, I figure with this car, I can make it back to work in plenty of time:burnout:

-B

Users who are viewing this thread