03 Cobra on a very TIGHT autocross... no problem!

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Thanks!

In the end I was only 1.5 sec's off the fastest time of the day - put up by a fully prepped Miata! Damm those things are quick around the pylons.
On the record I finished 2nd in class and 11th overall, but during the 'fun' runs I ran my best time of the day!!
And that would have been good enough for a 1st in class and 5th overall...:fm:

vr4

Established Member
youve got that thing setup VERY well. impressive.

do you mind sharing your suspension mods/setup?

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
This was at the Fanshawe College here in London Ontario, called "The Race Into The Future" event. The idea was to show the sport to the younger crowed (read Street Racers) so we also offered ride-alongs all day.

Open track is where the Cobra really shines, but the local autocross events are cheap and close by.
I can do the track in second with a smooth line also, but 1st is easier (more forgiving) for me. Most of the time I will use the rear wheels to steer the car and if in 1st, a simple blip of the throttle is enough to break traction and rotate the car.
As for settings - I honestly do not know exactly anynore (I have not had the car on a rack since April and I keep on playing with the settings) , but here is an idea...
Autocross, Front - max caster, max camber (as long as left to right is the same), .125 to .250 toe out and stiffer springs (I add nylon spacers between the coils, works good enough for me). Rear - 0 camber, .125 toe out and a slightly softer spring than my usual open track setup.

thanks guys

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
And people think drag racing is hard on cars! They ought to try that except with a little more speed involved. You look like one hell of a driver on there!

Users who are viewing this thread