03 Cobra keeps stalling while stopping. Help appreciated.

Beetle6986

Established Member
the only time i had this happen to me was after i changed to a k&n intake kit. the car was originally tuned with a php intake, and when i switched over it didn't like it. it would stall as i was coming up to a red light. went back to the php intake and never had a problem again.
What air filter is the OP using?
Mine does the same thing occasionally since installing the k&n intake many years ago. It’s rare that it happens because I think I’ve adjusted my driving to keep it from happening. I don’t put the clutch in until im pretty close to stopping. If I put the clutch in early and coast a good distance to a stop it’s much more likely to start the hunting idle and a possible stall. I believe it’s related to the airflow over the filter. The maf is very sensative to any inconsistencies.
A good way to check for this issue is to place cardboard in your engine bay around the front of your air filter and see it it changes the behavior.

amurray7777

Established Member
Turned out to be the IAC. We put a new one one and it hasn’t stalled since. Used a Ford Motorsport and new gasket and thr problem resolved fully.

Users who are viewing this thread