03 Cobra KB 2.2 Dyno

Jsko

Established Member
Well after a few years of planning, I finally got the Kenne Bell on the car. Prior to this, the only mods the car had was FLSFC, a Magnaflow Catback and JLT RAI. It's a stock 12k mile motor. The blower is a 2.2L that was rebuilt with the new version of the snout. So it doesn't have a catch can. I picked this up used from HBH a few years back.

Kevin Hand @ Wicked Motorsports did the tuning, and I couldn't be happier. Just got home with the car, and besides the new found power, they car drives like it was stock. There is no hesitation, and the driveability hasn't changed from how it was stock. Now to the good stuff....

Power Mods:
2.2L Kenne Bell w/ 2.75" Pulley / Stock Lower
Kooks Longtube Headers
Kooks High Flow Catted X-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
KB Throttle Body
60lb Injectors
BA2400 MAF
Amsoil 4x9 Filter (stock Intake tubing)replaced JLT to clean up engine bay.
PPRV Delete
40amp BAP w/ Wiring Upgrade

Video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_Y2T2cOpA"]‪2003 Cobra Dyno 2.2L Kenne Bell‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Street Tune 93octane : 18psi 602/561 SAE Corrected 588/543
Race Tune 93+Torco: 20psi 621/585 SAE Corrected 601/566

285qtc.jpg

33o5d2t.jpg

1zmjqz5.jpg

Last edited:

Jsko

Established Member
I love it, I wish it would cool off a bit so I can enjoy it some more! Thought I was going to make less Boost, might dump the cats down the road.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Nice Jason,,,

Kevin does some real nice work. Car looks great......Bet it is nice hearing that 2.2 whistle....

If I would have stayed in NJ I would have had Kevin do the upgrades on my Cobra..

Congrats.....be careful on Route 18....avoid East Brunswick....

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Very nice. Do yourself a favor and get a Killer Chiller. I did, and the result are amazing--i live in southeast texas where its 97+ in the shade with 100% humidity and it really helped my car.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Well done!

seinfeld.gif

Any more vids of that 2.2 screaming? Also what was your FPDC looking like with just the BAP?

Last edited:

Jsko

Established Member
Nice Jason,,,

Kevin does some real nice work. Car looks great......Bet it is nice hearing that 2.2 whistle....

If I would have stayed in NJ I would have had Kevin do the upgrades on my Cobra..

Yea he does some great work. One of the only people I trust with my car. I would have had him install the blower, but I wanted to save some money there.

I really far NW NJ, so I don't have to worry about 18. I was hauling ass on 287 though.

Very nice. Do yourself a favor and get a Killer Chiller. I did, and the result are amazing--i live in southeast texas where its 97+ in the shade with 100% humidity and it really helped my car.

Yea I want to look into a KC. I was considering a AFCO H/E, but a KC would probably help a lot more. Normally its not so bad in NJ, but it has been heat wave after heat wave.

Very nice :rockon:

Thanks!

Very nice, your paint is wet my friend. Way to keep it clean.

I try to keep it as clean as possible. It really shows in this video. I think it can be close to Sleepers, but I need to polish the exhaust and detail the engine bay, its still messy from the install. I want to get some professional photos done, since I suck at point and shoot.

Well done!

seinfeld.gif

Any more vids of that 2.2 screaming? Also what was your FPDC looking like with just the BAP?
Ill have more videos coming soon. I didn't get that information from Kevin, and he just went on Vacation. He told me there is plenty of room still with the pumps, and I could always go with a new fuel hat.

I was worried the Ba2400 wouldn't be enough for the boost I hit.

Nice. Gotta love the 2.2L. I love mine!!!
I love it. Its a big difference going from a stock pullied car to a 2.2L :rockon:

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
Very nice car. Must feel like a completely different car since you skipped pulley-ing the eaton.

+1, i love mine. one of the best mods ive done.

moot09

Established Member
Awesome!

Exhaust note was beautiful as well. I love the sound of LT's and Magnaflows.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice Jason,,,

Amen to that Andy :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread