03 Cobra issues

tophand

Established Member
Could the shock be leaking after the accident? Pretty sure theres a TSB for the rack and pinion out. Does the motor have an SVT build plaque on it?
Post pics of the engine bay.

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
OK im 99.9% i know your problem!

1st, clean cobra sounds great :)

2nd, the issue when you turn your steering wheel to the right or left and you hear that clicking noises. I had the exact same problem, but it wasnt that severe but sounded the same.

This is my thread when i had the problem: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../709575-when-i-turn-steering-wheel-right.html

this right here was my fix: Steering Rack Bushings, Solid, 1985-04 Mustang with stock k-member [MMST-7] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Then the clicking noises went away for ever :)

As for the Eaton logo on the blower, thats the first time ive ever seen that. I would think thats not the originial blower that was originially on the car.... but i maybe wrong.

nik46notch

Established Member
maybe a weak strut on pass side..or the wrong sized link pin on that side..if the car was in an accident someone could have replaced it with the wrong one..and def the rack bushings.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
First shocks and struts don't hold the car up. Springs hold the car up. Shocks and struts control the movement/travel of the suspension.

Op, first with the erg hose. It looked like your talking about the egr pressure feed back hose. Is the hose too short and poping off when the motor torques? Is it the correct size and type of hose. Can you put a zip tie on it?

The poping while turning could be ball joints, tie rod ends.. Have the front suspension looked at by a good mechanic.

Eaton on the blower case.. Never saw that one! Maybe it's an early build car?

Anyway, hope this helps. Love the color of your car!

03sm3341

Established Member
If it were mine I'd just buy new springs. There pretty cheap and go from there. The eaton blower might be off a lightning? They say eaton. The intakes a different design but it unbolts, The blowers are made by eaton not ford and are a model M112. The popping noise most likely is rack bushing. Mine makes the same noise. If you do get new springs the car will need aligned and the shop should be able to tell you if you have worn out tie rods or ball joints it will show up when they do the work.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not much help OP, just wanted to say hi and welcome from a fellow minnesotan! I live in New Ulm, nice color btw!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
If it were mine I'd just buy new springs. There pretty cheap and go from there. The eaton blower might be off a lightning? They say eaton. The intakes a different design but it unbolts, The blowers are made by eaton not ford and are a model M112. The popping noise most likely is rack bushing. Mine makes the same noise. If you do get new springs the car will need aligned and the shop should be able to tell you if you have worn out tie rods or ball joints it will show up when they do the work.

The lightning is rear inlet where the cobra is side inlet...

Slow99x

Established Member
The lightning is rear inlet where the cobra is side inlet...

The inlet is on top on a Lightning but the snout maybe the same. I do remember that the snouts on the Lightning does say Eaton.

The pigtail on the springs might be in the wrong spot on one side or the ISOs might be missing.

Evilspyderman

2003 Satin Snake
Established Member
The inlet is on top on a Lightning but the snout maybe the same. I do remember that the snouts on the Lightning does say Eaton.

The pigtail on the springs might be in the wrong spot on one side or the ISOs might be missing.

My roommate has a lightning and that is definitely a cobra M112 case with a lightning snout/front drive assy. That is weird isn't it? Cobra emblems and grill emblem are backwards so I agree with stangy04. If i were you I would do some easy work. two jacks stands and a low profile floor jack(car is stock but later if you lower it the low pro jack is a must) lift the front end up replace the steering rack bushings, that is to easy and cheap not to try first to fix that issue. Then pop off both front tires and check to see if both springs have the isolators and if the pigtail on the bottom is seated in the pocket. the driver side looks correct for a stock cobra so my guess would also be missing iso's on the passenger side. hopefully its that easy... good luck bro. good lookin car. dont get discouraged with the little things. mine was stock when i bought it in '09 and had a ton of little issues to fix. Now its a monster!

Users who are viewing this thread