03 cobra input shaft

2003kbcobra

I have a 03 cobra and the input shaft broke so i bought a 26 spline tremec input shaft and a spec stage 3 clutch. Do you think i need to shim it at all? it has a little play in it. When i put it back in the car everything worked great but second gear, it pops out unless jam it in? It never does this before. Any idea?

Tims97SVT

Established Member
If there is play it needs to be shimmed. I just installed mine and it did not need any. The stock shim was good! Not sure on the second gear problem. But if you did not have that problem before then something is wrong. Maybe clutch adjustment?

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Maybe he is just being paranoid of his install, i would say check your tranny fluid, making sure its full. If not im not sure about 2nd gear but ik if you install that "blocker ring" behind the input shaft incorrectly 4th gear will be ****y

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Maybe he is just being paranoid of his install, i would say check your tranny fluid, making sure its full. If not im not sure about 2nd gear but ik if you install that "blocker ring" behind the input shaft incorrectly 4th gear will be ****y

Haha hell ya you'll be fuxked!!! You'll break the sincro keys!

Users who are viewing this thread