03 cobra high rpm hesitation

SS EATR

Established Member
I took the car to the track last night and when it hit high rpms it started hesitating almost like bogging bad. I don't have an air fuel gauge so I'm not sure if it is a fuel issue. Someone told me it may be clogged cats. You can hear it in the video. 03 cobra at the track - YouTube

Last edited:

SS EATR

Established Member
The cats were not the issue, also after messing with it more I realized the car just wont go over 5500 rpms. Once it gets there it is like it hits the rev limiter. Never had any issues before and haven't changed anything with the car.

Last edited:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
I assume your running TR6's, With your mods 32-31 is all you need. What are they currently gaped at?

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Yes that is what I have and what they are gapped at, I just pulled one though and it looks fine

Hmm. I would check the rest for cracked porcelain or damage. Also dont rule out a couple of failing coils and/or a voltage issue not supplying enough juice to the coils/plugs. Are you able to datalog? If so log all the normal PID's and find out whats going on.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Sub'n

I'm having a miss at 5200, every time. It misses, then continues on through the RPM range.

mi03cobra

Established Member
Running out of fuel?

Agree! Theres something off fuel wise and perhaps its in your tune as a safety feature to not allow your engine to burn itself up. I had a similar problem after I got my car tuned. I had a hose come off on my pprv delete. When I tried punching it it would go into limp mode. Thats how I found out that I was running out of fuel (that and my wideband). I have the wot box and that would kick in with out putting the pedal to the floor. As it started to go leaner it would get worse to where I couldnt even touch the throttle until at a stop light it just died. I had a slice in one of my fuel lines in the tank that eventually fell right off and that ended up being my issue.

SS EATR

Established Member
Agree! Theres something off fuel wise and perhaps its in your tune as a safety feature to not allow your engine to burn itself up. I had a similar problem after I got my car tuned. I had a hose come off on my pprv delete. When I tried punching it it would go into limp mode. Thats how I found out that I was running out of fuel (that and my wideband). I have the wot box and that would kick in with out putting the pedal to the floor. As it started to go leaner it would get worse to where I couldnt even touch the throttle until at a stop light it just died. I had a slice in one of my fuel lines in the tank that eventually fell right off and that ended up being my issue.

Im guessing it is a safety in the tune, I sent my tuner a datalog so hopefully ill hear back tomorrow. Might go ahead and upgrade the pumps and ditch the bap

Users who are viewing this thread