03 Cobra Help for No Prep Racing

BadAzztt

Established Member
When I was on Nitto's with similar IRS mods I would rarely cut under a 2.0 60 ft. Switched to Viking DA shocks front and rear and Mickey Thompson ET street 2 18's and it cuts low 1.6 60 ft's on stock clutch and race weight of 4000lbs+ in my vert. I think it has 1.5's in it with a better clutch. Shocks and tire switch were the best mods I did to get this thing moving out.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I had a 26x10.5x15 bias ply QTP on my 3.73 gear with ford diff cover only IRS and was able to cut 1.6 60 fts. When I was running 315/35/18 Toyos I got very little traction. A bias ply tire will put smiles on your face but becarful with those axles. I broke 2 on a prepped surface. No prep surface I was flying as if a girl told me she had the house to herself lol hope this helped.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I never had any luck with the DR, I never felt any wheel hop on the street, but at the track I could feel it trying to hop. I had the FTBR kit with toe links, and I ground the knuckle to run the 15" rim, and ran a full slick. I started of launching at 4k and ended up at 5500 rpm. I don't have any 60ft times cause our local track is pretty much just heads up racing now, no times.

I have never broke a half shaft, I would guess it was about 1.5x 60ft time, I just recently swapped in a SRA.

Users who are viewing this thread