03 cobra head tick rebuild

xX03COBRAXx

Established Member
ok guys so my cobra has the head tick and i decided to get it fixed rather then buy new heads. My parts list is a complete fel pro head set gaskets Hs26187pt, oem manifold gaskets,and arp 12 pt head stud kit 156-4301.This will be a e85 ported cobra and i just wanted to see what else you guys recommend me to buy for the fix. For example should i buy oem valve seats or aftermarket bronze ones? Any adivice would be helpful,thanks.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I suggest you talk to some good shops about the tick. The problem is the seats not the guides, call some places like modular head shop, L & M, etc.

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks for the info.I meant to write valve seats but was pretty tired,typo.

I think you're confused. Most shops install aftermarket bronze guides in place of the oem guides. This isn't really an upgrade as far as longevity is concerned. Bronze guides are cheaper and easier to machine so thats why they're pushed.

xX03COBRAXx

Established Member
Ok thanks for the response.I do want longativity and assumed the stock seats would last longer. I'm not worrying about machine prices since I'm getting the job done free.i was just wondering if there's aftermarket ones that are as good or better than the stock ones,while not being bronze.this is a street car.

Users who are viewing this thread