03 Cobra guys, worth upgrading from Whipple 2.3 to 3.4 ?

Avenger

Established Member
Desperately looking for more power here !!

Considered going the nitrous route but would like to hear opinions from people who switched from the small twin screw to its bigger brother.

My car dyno'd 665whp @ 21psi on MS109 and traps 135-136mph in the quarter. I'd like to know what to expect from a simple blower swap at the same boost level.

Thinking the IAT2 would be lower but what about power / trap speeds ? Is the difference significant / worth the price ?

Can anyone share their experience ?

Thanks ! :beer:

Alex

Avenger

Established Member
Just to get that out of the way, I should point out that I'd love to convert to E85 but that is not an option for us folks here in Canada.

I've also already done ARH longtubes with significant improvement but it seems like I'm running out of options.

As for the 3.4 being useless without big boost #s, big boost might be in my future but not until I've built the bottom end. Currently running an Aluminator crate engine so not sure I can go crazy on this one. Is the 2.9 that much more efficient ? From the data I've seen, doesn't seem to produce much more power than I'm already making at a similar boost level. :shrug:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
at your current boost setting the 2.9 will be the most efficient, i thought the 3.4l comes pullied to run 25psi out of the box

Users who are viewing this thread