03 cobra fog lamp rewire?

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
is there a trick to running the foglamps, independant from the headlamps?

(I.E foglamps on, no headlamps)
i know the older mustangs, you could, but i'm new to the 03's.

Steel Horse

Established Member
you have to bend a prong on a relay under the hood. I'll see if i can find it and send you a pic, it also lets you run the fog's on high beam

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
If you just wanna run the foglamps without your headlights, just pull your headlight switch halfway out. Your parking lights will be on, however.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
The relay mod is not what you want. I did the relay trick AND the fog light rewire mod. The relay mod keeps the fogs on when your high beams are on. The way to make the fogs work independant of on this page:

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/foglight.htm

Search for "vipergts281" and follow those few steps. The wires are in with your shifter.

SpectorV

Established Member
find the relay power wire that send the signal to turn the fogs on or off and run it to the amber light's power wire (the wire that is hot when the parking light or head lights are on) and it will work. you will still be able to use the switch with it as well.

Steel Horse

Established Member
here's how I done mine. Under the hood in the black box by the battery pull the relay as shown. then bend the pin closest to the next relay. if your standing on the driverside as I am in the picture, It is the pin closest to you when you pull the relay out. I have had this done for a year now and no problems.
picture001gp4.jpg

picture002kl0.jpg

This will let you run hi/loq beams with fog lights on.

tdo

Established Member
Steelhorse!

Thanks for responding so quick to my PM and posting these excellent pics. :thumbsup:

I am going to make the change tonight. :coolman:

MikeSop

Established Member
here's how I done mine. Under the hood in the black box by the battery pull the relay as shown. then bend the pin closest to the next relay. if your standing on the driverside as I am in the picture, It is the pin closest to you when you pull the relay out. I have had this done for a year now and no problems.
picture001gp4.jpg

picture002kl0.jpg

This will let you run hi/loq beams with fog lights on.

This is perfect... I have HID's in mine and I once hit the high beams and had no head lights or fogs. I'm going to do this tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread