03 Cobra flowmaster catback?

2003 CobraSVT

Established Member
I want to see what the 2.5 inch Flowmaster cat back looks like on an 03 cobra form the rear. If anyone has a picture please post it. Thank in advance.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The tip...

Flowmaster_web.JPG

From behind:

rear_web_better.jpg

2003 CobraSVT

Established Member
If someone can post pics of under the back of the cobra, I would like to see the pipes that run sideways then back, if you know what i mean. Also kinda far back from the cobra. Like what you see when driving behind the cobra. Thanks.

Last edited:

blown302stng

Established Member
Here is the best picture of my flowmaster catback I can find. I think it looks good from the rear and the tips are not oversized.

Jeremy

000_0599.jpg

HISS

Established Member
Flowmaster exhaust

Can you advise as to how loud the flowmaster exhaust system and which series you purchased?
Do you hear any drone????

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i know exactly what you mean as far as the pipes going sideways that you see from behind the car. that is the main reason i didnt go mac - they bolt together right in the middle of that section and i think it looks like dick. i dont have any pics either, but the flows from behind look almost like white metal, because they are aluminized steel, not like bassani or borla because they are stainless. anyway i will see if i can get some pics

Last edited:

blown302stng

Established Member
I wouldnt consider the flowmaster to be all that loud, but I have always loved the sounds of Flows. I think the catback I have is the American Thunder Catback and I got it from Jegs for around $350 and they only charge you a $8.95 handling fee. I can maybe get a video of my cars exhaust but it is going to be a few days.

Jeremy

bond99

Established Member
I love mine, sounds more big block than anything else out there, my buddies all have SLP, Magnaflow, and Bassani, all sound good, but the flows just have a diff. sound. and for those who dont think they make as much power, I ran my buddie w/a JLT, Bassani x-pipe and cat-back, to my JLT and catback only, and we ran dead even to a 140 shut down.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Nothing beats the sound of flows. Especially with a good H-pipe in the middle. Love the flowmaster-H-pipe sound.

04SVTCobra

Established Member
You're right, nothing beats the sound of flows! I just had my Magnaflow mufflers replaced by the Super 40 Series Flowmasters a couple of weeks ago! Def. a better sounding exhaust! Even with the Magnaflow X pipe! :rockon:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Flowmaster exhaust

Originally posted by 2003Venom
Can you advise as to how loud the flowmaster exhaust system and which series you purchased?
Do you hear any drone????
FLO#17248 ($309 from Brother's Performance two years ago)

Slight drone at 2,000 RPM, but not obnoxious. Loud enough to get the warning beeps from sensitive car alarms in the parking garage, not loud enough to set them off :coolman:

Sound preference is an opinion and I'm with the ones that feel it is the best sounding exhaust for DOHC modulars. Power is there, as well (sig numbers are with 9" open filter and catback @ 5,600 miles - no other modifications)

:beer:

397 RWHP/ 377 RWTq.

Users who are viewing this thread