03 cobra falling on its face when revving and dumping the clutch?

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Hey guys,
I went to the first midnight m adness in my 03 cobra. Just a quick run down on what's done to it. Solid axial swap with upper and lower control arms with lakewood 50/50 drag shocks, duel gt40 pumps with a boost a pump, stock injectors, stock maf, stage 4 port with a 2.87 pully pushing 15lb of boost.

Here's the issue, when I was at the track and pulled up to do a burn out. I revved it up and let go of the clutch and went to grab the break and it spuddered real bad "like no power" so I decided no burn out, when I pulled out to trigger the lights I had it revved to 4000 rpms and let go and when I did that it spuddered and died and ended up popping a fuse.

When we replaced the fuse and I tried some launches and it just kept falling on its face. It runs fine and drives fine and when I'm rolling and get on it, it does just fine but when I do it at a dead stop in wants to die.

The tune on it now is on a sct tuner from diablo and I just don't get it or know what the issue is maybe tune? Sorry for question I tried too describe it the best way I can. If anyone may had this issue or may know please help me out. It's going to go on a dyno Tuesday and get tuned and looked at.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
what fuse did you pop? Maybe a dead fuel pump? You have gauges on it or done any data logging?

GoGreen04

Established Member
I had the same problem when I had the BAP. I ended up just going return style and the problem stopped. But I kept blowing the fuse to the pumps as well when I was return less with the BAP. Also check the condition of your FRPS because mine went bad around the same time

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
One of my buddies think it's something wrong with the bottom end even tho it don't smoke or anything. I'm gonna pull the plugs because the car was on a tune for 110 octane for about a week unpronounced to me. It was the fuse for the ignition also it has a bad o2 sensor.

The car starts within the first start and drives fine so I don't see how it could be the bottom unless it's not that bad yet. All I know is I'm going to check my plugs and replace my caps because the caps on there now don't even seal on there and also replace that o2 sensor and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread