03 cobra delayed idle

Camcobra1989

Established Member
So I just got arp studs and new head gaskets put on my car. And when I got it back. The idle Is weird now. It's like it's delAyed. It idles at about 1500 rpms and after about 10 seconds the idle returns to normal.. The same thing happens when I'm driving and the idle is slow to return to normal. Any ideas what it is? And what I need to do thanks

MysticRob

Established Member
So I just got arp studs and new head gaskets put on my car. And when I got it back. The idle Is weird now. It's like it's delAyed. It idles at about 1500 rpms and after about 10 seconds the idle returns to normal.. The same thing happens when I'm driving and the idle is slow to return to normal. Any ideas what it is? And what I need to do thanks

All things being equal it sounds like a vacuum leak. Maybe someone forgot to plug something in after removing the top end. :shrug:

MysticRob

Established Member

All things being equal it sounds like a vacuum leak. Maybe someone forgot to plug something in after removing the top end. :shrug:

Found this old thread that could explain it too...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/824159-low-rough-idle-hanging-rpms-2.html

Comp281

Established Member
If they had the battery disconnected for a while it will need a few full driving cycles cold --> operating temp ---> cold to recalibrate itself. Especially if you have an aftermarket TB. I've been through it a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread