03 Cobra conv as daily ride? Price?

WannaB Cobra

Established Member
Seriously thinking of getting myself into a 2003 Cobra. But I would want a Conv. How are these cars for daily rides? Im looking at moving to FL pretty soon. What price are you paying for one? Monthly payments? I would not drag race the Cobra it would be my streetable M5 KILLER (sorry I work for a BMW dealership so my Goal is walk an M5 on highway). Opions on Convt's please......

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
You can get a nice 03 Cobra Convertible brand new from www.JackyJones.com Ford in Ga. I live in New Jersey..but Jacky is a good friend of mine and I bought my 03 Cobra coupe, my dads 03 Cobra Coupe and my Uncles 03 Black Cobra Convertible from him. 37,500 was the price on the black Convertible that we just got 2 weeks ago.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
What could be nicer than this?

It can be a daily driver... I have a beater
for rainy/snowy days, just to keep the
Cobra looking great.

Just add subframe connectors (at least).

:beer:

Last edited:

Billy Pilgram

With all that sunshine in FL you have to get a vert. There's a little more flex in the body than a coupe but if you're not going to race it hard it's not an issue. I use mine as a daily driver here in Western Washington and my only complaint is that I've only been able to have the top down a couple of times. The tops are good quality and mine works well. I've read some posts by other people where they've had alignment issues, but nothing major. It's a little noisier espicially in tunnels but that just means you get to hear the engine better!

It took a little time to find the color I wanted (Dark Shadow Gray) as there was very limited selection up here in the Northwest (at least at the time). The dealer I got it through was great and kept looking and then traded the black one they had in stock with a dealer down in Oregon (who had it on the lot for 5k over MSRP). I think they seem to be going for MSRP now but every area's different. Payment depends on down and length but I would expect it to be around 600-700mo..

Good luck, nothing's better than wiping that smug smile off of BMW owners faces!

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Mine is a daily driver. I have to say that this car is a better daily driver than I thought it would be. The suspension is softer on the Verts, so the ride is better than I expected for a Cobra. It's much better than my 01 Cobra coupe. I live on SC coast, so I think the weather is similiar to FL and I don't have any leaks, or other issues.

Get it - you will not be sorry. But hurry up before the whole county gets to Vert weather and it gets hard to get a good deal.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
My vert is a daily driver down here in south Texas...and it's awesome. No problems whatsoever. It's tame when you want it to be and it screams when you push the go pedal. It's also unbelievably quiet with the top up.

Keep in mind, this is a Ford, not a BMW. You'll be able to outrun an M5 but make no mistake, you'll be driving a Mustang.

I paid MSRP, but I've had mine since June 02 when they were hard to get and most had mark-ups.

cobra3~0.jpg

They're not the fasted cars on the track, but they sure look good. ;-)

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Agree. I have owned 9 mustangs and this is my first vert. I test-drove other verts in years past but road noise or cost always led me to a coupe.

This is the most solid mustang vert Ford has ever built. Go for it....you will not be disappointed.

JackisBack

Established Member
Might have a Yellow/black conv for sale. Less than 6k miles. Price would be around $34k if I decide to sell. Has Saleen light bar. Stock everywhere else.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
What is worse than this car being a DD, is having a econo-box for a DD and forcing yourself NOT to drive the Cobra every day when you leave for work! :-D

ALA G8R

Banned
I paid MSRP for mine back in October 2002. Sold my 98 Cobra Coupe to help pay for it. Verts were hard to come by then and carried a $3k markup in my area. Now the dealer where I bought mine has 3 verts on his showroom with no markup. It's a great time to buy.

I drive my vert every day. It is the absolute best stang I have ever owned. It is my first vert. I absolutely love driving with the top down. The only fear I have is wearing out the convertible top hydraulics. But that is what the warranty is for.

WannaB Cobra

Established Member
I have to see what kina jobI can get when I move b/c I can't just dropped mycurrent project :bash: .... But a nice 03 Cobra Conv lowered, 18", chip, pulley and exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread