-Whipple 2.9L
-DeatchWerks 78lb injectors
-Comp Cams XE-R Stage 3 camshafts
-SCT iTSX wireless tuner
-SCT BA-3000 MAF meter
-Lethal Performance budget return style fuel system
And I'll be sending it to a Dyno tuner to just finish everything
I'll be mainly running 91-93 Octane
Would this be fine or am I missing anything else that would be needed?
Thanks in advance!

Papaw

Established Member
That looks good to me. Should get you to your goal.
Are you going to a return system to run a different fuel in the future?

SlipperySnake

Established Member
I'd mention your t56 specs, upgrade the clutch if you haven't also the throw out bearing retaining sleeve and input shaft to 26 spline. Might as well run E85 if you have access. Also I just got a BA5000 maf for my build and it was bad. I go PMAS for the win. I wouldn't get the cams you can make plenty power with a 2.9, well over what your trying for. Don't cam it you won't even get much power unless you just want the sound...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade C

I'd mention your t56 specs, upgrade the clutch if you haven't also the throw out bearing retaining sleeve and input shaft to 26 spline. Might as well run E85 if you have access. Also I just got a BA5000 maf for my build and it was bad. I go PMAS for the win. I wouldn't get the cams you can make plenty power with a 2.9, well over what your trying for. Don't cam it you won't even get much power unless you just want the sound...

I really wanted cams just for the sound and maybe some power gain. I'm going to be buying the stage 3 T-56 from Tick Performence. So the tranny would be set to around 750HP

SlipperySnake

Established Member
I really wanted cams just for the sound and maybe some power gain. I'm going to be buying the stage 3 T-56 from Tick Performence. So the tranny would be set to around 750HP

Just the bang per buck on cams isn't there unless your making 1000+. Sounds good other then that. I wouldn't buy SCT maf. Mine was brand new and didn't work. I was pissed. Good luck man.

Wade C

Just the bang per buck on cams isn't there unless your making 1000+. Sounds good other then that. I wouldn't buy SCT maf. Mine was brand new and didn't work. I was pissed. Good luck man.

Alright man thanks for all the help! I'm actually a junior in high school and have a 2013 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak right now. This Cobra project is for after high school/college project but definitely should be fun!

SlipperySnake

Established Member
Alright man thanks for all the help! I'm actually a junior in high school and have a 2013 Ram 1500 Mossy Oak right now. This Cobra project is for after high school/college project but definitely should be fun!

I got mine first year of college. Now it's twin turbo. Lol. I'd just eaton port it with pulley and tune with bolt ons. You'd be happy with it for a while.

Wade C

I got mine first year of college. Now it's twin turbo. Lol. I'd just eaton port it with pulley and tune with bolt ons. You'd be happy with it for a while.

Which PMAS are you talking about exactly? And I'm just doing minor mods until I'm finishing college then I'm doing the full 2.9L build! So i was planning for a pulley and tune and then some exhaust, rims, and a lowering kit until in nearly out of college.

Users who are viewing this thread