03 Cobra and California Smog

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
So, I switched the stock mid-pipe on for smog and forgot to unplug my MIL eliminators from the o/r pipe and have to smog tomorrow.

Obviously, I don't have a CEL light because of the MIL eliminators. However, when they smog in Ca, are they reading data from the sensor? Or, are they just reading emissions out the tailpipe?

Also, does the computer just can for any codes being thrown?

Cliff notes:

1. Put stock mid-pipe on
2. Forgot to remove MIL Eliminators
3. Can I still pass with them plugged in?
3. It's late and I'd rather not jack the car up to remove them if I can still pass.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Just smogged my cobra in january 2011. They put the sniffer in the tail pipe and also plugged into the 0bd2 port. I was nervous as hell when i saw them plug in, luckily it passed with flying colors.

Hawwk11

Established Member
Just smogged my cobra in january 2011. They put the sniffer in the tail pipe and also plugged into the 0bd2 port. I was nervous as hell when i saw them plug in, luckily it passed with flying colors.
YUP! I just had my old van smogged and they put the sniffer in the tail pipe.

GL.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
i believe now in CA they dont use the sniffer at all, new law, they just check the comp to see if any cel have been activated

Not yet, that does not go into effect until 2012/2013, I forget.

Still using sniffer and checking the OBDII port.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
A good safety measure would be to go in with a stock tune. Yank your chip or load your stock tune via your hand held in the parking lot and then hit the sniffer.

Users who are viewing this thread