03 cobra a arms

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Ok guys i just picked up a used set from a guy on here. I was wondering how hard these are to install. Is it something this mechanically challenged noob could handle or should i just go to a shop and have someone put them on for me? A how-to thread would be helpful too if ya got one. :beer:

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
They have a better turning radius and siffer bushings which helps prevent tramiling. Its easy to do just make sure you dont tighten the bolts until its on the ground. Its a pain to get the bolts past the steering rack when you take them out but with a little finesse it shouldnt be a problem.

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
Plus you can get them from 5.0 resto with ball joints and bushings already pressed in.:banana:

So if your looking at replacing ball joints and bushings, it's a simple swap.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Technically it's only a few bolts.
Physically, it can be a royal PAIN IN THE ASS. trust me, I've done 2 sets so far.
Everything went smoothly until I tried to remove the actual bolts that hold the Arms on. On either side of the car one of the bolts was stuck. The bolt actually seized itself to the sleeve in the bushing. So, the bolt wouldn't turn, it would just spring back. I ended up doing this on both sides of my car, as well as my buddy's.
We had to actually cut the bolts out. And that's not easy either. it's tough to access the bolt with a cut-off wheel. The bolt are above grade 8, so a sawzall sure as hell won't cut through the bolts.

Let us know how it goes. I can answer most questions you'll have.

Regardless, they are well worth any troubles you may have. The ride is a bit smoother, the ball joints and bushings are stiffer, and the turning radius IS noticeable. Plus they allow for wider tires/wheels to fit up front, due to the design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Actually I want to correct a theory that I supported for quite a while about raising the car. I used to believe that it raised all mustangs from 94-04, but that was wrong.

The correct info is that they will ONLY raise the car by 1/4" if you have 94-95 spindles.

If you have 96-04 spindles, you will see zero raise.

Last edited:

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Thanks guys. So anyone know of a how-to thread? I like to look at the pictures. lol.

Off topic- 006 your sig says you have a brand new 2000 4.6 cobra motor. Was that out of a cobra r? Im pretty sure they only made cobra motors like that in 99 and 01. Just clarifying this for myself.

MouTine

Established Member
Actually I want to correct a theory that I supported for quite a while about raising the car. I used to believe that it raised all mustangs from 94-04, but that was wrong.

The correct info is that they will ONLY raise the car by 1/4" if you have 94-95 spindles.

Do you mean that five'ohs and modulars have diffirent kind of spindles?

Established Member
Off topic- 006 your sig says you have a brand new 2000 4.6 cobra motor. Was that out of a cobra r? Im pretty sure they only made cobra motors like that in 99 and 01. Just clarifying this for myself.

Click the first link in my sig for all the info.

Established Member
Do you mean that five'ohs and modulars have diffirent kind of spindles?

94-95 Spindle:
94_modified_spindle.jpg

96-04 Spindle:
96_spindle.jpg

507992299.jpg

More info:
http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/sn95brakes.html

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I did mine....wasn't too hard just took a lot of time. And you have to take a few bolts off the steering rack so you can get to the Control Arm bolts, but I like the increase turning radius.

No idea HOW you can tighten the bolts with the vehicle on the ground.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member

Ahhh thanks for that info. I knew mine sat a little higher afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread