03 Cobra (640hp) vs C6Z (536hp)

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Well, it takes a man to respect a good loss. And here is one over this past weekend..I respect these cars 100%, no joke for sure. Just time for a 2.93 pulley and maybe a 4* lower ;) Enjoy the cobra getting walked :crying:

For those who can't see the embedded video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8ATy0oi_U

03 cobra (640rwhp) 2.9 whipple 3.5 upper pulley/stock lower pulley vs C6z Cams/intake/exhaust and longtubes (536rwhp)

[video=youtube;xO8ATy0oi_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8ATy0oi_U[/video]

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good run. Did your camera man get scared and stop the video? lol

Mystic03

Established Member
Runnin vettes especially c6z hp is everything lol I barely edged out same mods c6z that you ran

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Runnin vettes especially c6z hp is everything lol I barely edged out same mods c6z that you ran

Yeah for this case horsepower is the only way to get the pass on em, but in general there is more that goes into roll racing than horsepower. The driver, gearing, power/weight ratio thats all I meant. Man a C6z wouldn't be another badass toy to have :)

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Time for some weight reduction, I still don't and won't believe a properly setup Cobra or any 96-04 for that matter, needs 100whp more to beat a C6Z. Maybe I just don't realize how quick the Z's are, but until I see it first hand or I personally run a C6z I just won't believe it lol.

I guess Cobra's are a little worse off, weighing in about 500lbs more then the C6Z.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Out of curiosity what are your cooling mods? What are you exhaust mods? Do you have a full idler setup? Assuming you are stock weight maybe a little more?

Mystic03

Established Member
Time for some weight reduction, I still don't and won't believe a properly setup Cobra or any 96-04 for that matter, needs 100whp more to beat a C6Z. Maybe I just don't realize how quick the Z's are, but until I see it first hand or I personally run a C6z I just won't believe it lol.

I guess Cobra's are a little worse off, weighing in about 500lbs more then the C6Z.

H/c/I c6zs are no joke at highway speeds

ian04

Established Member
nice run man u car sounds good i have owned both platforms and the Z is just hard to beat on the highway no way around it

CobraLov3r

Established Member

I didn't believe it either until I saw it with my own eyes, you think you've got fast until you run into something faster lol yep my cobra has no weight reduction and it's approximately 300lbs heavier. Both cars had a passenger.

Out of curiosity what are your cooling mods? What are you exhaust mods? Do you have a full idler setup? Assuming you are stock weight maybe a little more?

No cooling mods. The intake air temps were sitting around 59-60 because of such a cool day/evening it was. Heat was not an issue. No idler setup and stock weight yes. Even has spare tire still.
Mods: Polished 2.9 Whipple Twin Screw, 3.5" upper/stock lower. Single Blade Polished Accufab Throttle Body, 60 lb. injectors, Fore Innovations Level 1 return system, MAFia Mass Airflow Sensor Extender, 1 3/4 Kooks Long Tube Headers with Catted Mid Pipe, Bassani catback, 3.73 Motorsport Ring and Pinion Gears, IRS Brace, 26 spline input shaft, Neoprene Engine Mounts, JLT High Boost Cold Air Intake, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Full Length Welded Sub Frame Connecters, Competiton Afco Heat Exchanger, Toyo r888s 315/35/17 UPR Camber plates, MGW Shifter, Billet Antenna, , McLeoud RXT twin disc clutch

nice run man u car sounds good i have owned both platforms and the Z is just hard to beat on the highway no way around it

Yeah I'm happy it kept up the way it did but power to weight ratio and those 8k rpm shifts really matter when it comes down to it, thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread