03 Cobra 2.2 KB, $13,500 triple black, Heavily modded, hurt motor

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Deal was made last night and CAR IS TENTATIVELY SOLD TO TURBOVERT04

2003 triple black convertible cobra ~57K miles. You can reach me on here or call (301) 643-0768 if you have any questions. $13,500. I don't want to sell it and I absolutely love the car, but I am buying my first home here shortly and need to reduce some bills. Unfortunately, the cobra is up on the chopping block.

Mods:

Motor:
-2.2 kenne bell (black) 3" upper/stock lower
-SCT2800 MAF
-JLT carbon fiber ram air
-accufab SBTB
-full 100mm double bearing idler set
-Long tube headers
-Off road H pipe
-Magnaflow catback
-Aluminum oversized IC tank
-Aluminum coolant resevoir

Fuel:
-Return style fuel system - not the stock returnless
-Sumped tank
-Weldon 2015 external fuel pump
-10 and -8 return/feed lines
-fuel pressure regulator
-FORE silver fuel rails
-60# injectors

Suspension:
-Solid rear axle
-Tubular K-member
-Tubular A-arms
-coil overs in front
-lowering springs in the rear
-MM full length subframe connectors

Miscellaneous:
-New fidanza 4.3 clutch/fidanza aluminum flywheel with 500 miles on it
-Oil filter relocator kit
-A/F (narrow band), boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure gauges (I think they're autometer, can't remember)
-Firewall adjuster/quadrant adjuster/freeplay kit
-steeda tri-ax shifter
-slotted/drilled rotors
-Alpine double-din DVD player w/ ipod hookup
-System (amp, 10" sub) in the trunk
-18" black wheels

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but the car has a ton of stuff done to it. 1 cylinder dropped, 0 compression. Haven't tore it apart yet but assuming it detonated, spark plug was burnt off. I had a vaccuum leak at the fuel pressure regulator and I believe I was running more boost than I thought I was (because of the vacuum leak) and with the actual amount of boost I should have been running torco. The car dynoed at 615rwhp/533rwtq @ 17 degrees of timing and around 11.5-11.7 a/f. 630rwhp/533rwtq at 19degrees of timing. The blower really screams.

Motor and everything is still in the car but can be taken out.

Here are a couple pictures - I can get more but this is all I have available right now at work.

fulltilt-04.jpg

fulltilt-08.jpg

fulltilt-10.jpg

fulltilt-23.jpg

fulltilt-29.jpg

Contact me on here or my cell (at the top) with any questions you have.

thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

chad95

Established Member
thats actually a great deal if I hadnt just bought mine 2 weeks ago I would check this out

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Replied to all.

Some more info:

The seats are original 03 seats with the grey inserts. Previous owner dyed them black to look like the 04 seats. The seats look great and the only difference is they feel a little rough and not as soft as the suede.

The ground straps on 2 plugs (either cylinders 2,6 or 3,7..can't remember which) were burnt off. Motor doesn't really knock at idle with good plugs put back in, but you can tell there's a miss when you drive it. Motor obviously hurt though when we did compression test. 1 cylinder came up with 0 compression. Put some oil in the cylinder and redid the test to see if it was the rings and it still had 0 compression. Might just be a burnt valve but I haven't torn it apart to check.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Still not a bad price for someone who might have been interested in building a motor anyway..

For someone with a shop and resources to do their own work this would be a great project car

corysmach1

Established Member
Still not a bad price for someone who might have been interested in building a motor anyway..

For someone with a shop and resources to do their own work this would be a great project car

I have 2 friends that do great work....I want this car so baddd. I am in the process of trying to get a new job. If so I will try and grab this.

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
For the knocking - I just spoke with my buddy (TRBOVNM on here) who's house the car is at. He dropped 2 good plugs in it and said it's not really a knock, more just hearing a miss at idle. That being said, it's clearly hurt with the 0 compression in one of the cylinders. Something with the valves possibly.

I could tear the motor out, fix it, and turn around to sell it after that...doing all of the work with my buddy and I at his shop. I would rather get myself out of the payment at the time so it's not sitting for a couple of months while I'm fixing the motor. I've had plenty of interest so far but if it doesn't sell, no sweat. I'll fix it and it'll be back on the market for $19-$20K in a couple months.

I will take more pictures tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread