03 cobra.. 03 zo6

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
http://www.z06vette.com/hotrides.php

356 RWHP 348 RWT

With some basic mods Filter mid pipe headers and such looks like 378 is what they make

hope this info helps you out some

found a second car on that site guy did a lid offroad pipe computer and stinger and looks like he is getting 384

Jeff

Last edited:

jonas

Established Member
yea and 30k more

Id rather buy 2 cobras than 1 z06
can make a road car and a race car or a drag and roadrace car, or a vert and coupe for winter and summer..

ahh the possibilities

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Z06? The cobra puts down better numbers to the wheels. But the Z06 puts down better numbers at the track.

joeclams9

Established Member
i believe the cobra puts down better rear wheel horsepower..but not by much...i would say from the stock numbers ive seen on both its 355-360 for the Z (02 and up) and 360-370ish for the cobra at the wheels. The cobra has it by alittle more though in the torque department from what ive seen. Could be wrong though but i think its somewhere around 340-350 for the z and 360-370 for the cobra. Feel free to correct me though.

joe

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I thinks the Z06 better track numbers just come from it weighing less.

a good friend of mine has a 02 z06 with 150 shoot. the car is pretty quick but he cant seem to ever be able to put it to the ground his best ET is 12.8 at 128 mph

jtfx6552

Established Member
There was a poll at Z06Vette.com. Most put down in the 340-350rwhp range. There was the occasional 360-370, but for the most part they were in the 350 area. I would say that is about the same to a touch less tha the typical '03 stock dyno.

As pointed out, they do weigh significantly less.

JT

joeclams9

Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
yea and 30k more

Id rather buy 2 cobras than 1 z06
can make a road car and a race car or a drag and roadrace car, or a vert and coupe for winter and summer..

ahh the possibilities

The price of the Z is largely exaggerated on this forum. many times ive seen dealers on forums like Z06vette offering Z's for 5k under msrp and in person have seen the same near me. But maybe you were just grossly exaggerating the point that the Z06 while a marginly better performer in acceleration stock is more then marginly priced more. Either price...both are awesome cars for what you get.

joe

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
About Price it seems to me and i am sure others have seen this to some one will give high price of car A and low price of Car B witch really is just fudging the numbers. this is why you realyl cant use anything other then MSRP. Yes we all know we know you can A plan and all the other plans but its just not apples to apples

using msrp isnt a Z06 more like 15k ish over a cobra

jeff

Tweaker

Established Member
If you like working on cars forget the Corvette. Owned two C5's and they are a bitch. You need special tools in many cases. Always had more fun working on my five previous Mustangs.

lifter213

Established Member
Yeah the Cobra does put down more rwhp at the dyno usually but the Z06 should have the better track times. And i also believe the Price difference is exagerated some on here. I paid sticker for my car and with gas guzzler, tax, title, license and all that I think mine was $37k. My dad bought a 02 Z06 last christmas for i believe $38k. Granted it was a used car so he saved alot buying a few month old car that the previous owner took the hit on. But still even with all the deals they where doing with the Z06's a few months ago 8k off sticker i think and 0% interest they werent that expensive. Alteast not a 30k difference.

joeclams9

Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
Yeah the Cobra does put down more rwhp at the dyno usually but the Z06 should have the better track times. And i also believe the Price difference is exagerated some on here. I paid sticker for my car and with gas guzzler, tax, title, license and all that I think mine was $37k. My dad bought a 02 Z06 last christmas for i believe $38k. Granted it was a used car so he saved alot buying a few month old car that the previous owner took the hit on. But still even with all the deals they where doing with the Z06's a few months ago 8k off sticker i think and 0% interest they werent that expensive. Alteast not a 30k difference.

amen to that...from someone who has experience on purchase of both..granted one was used. Like i said...both are amazing bangs for the buck.

joe

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
There was a poll at Z06Vette.com. Most put down in the 340-350rwhp range. There was the occasional 360-370, but for the most part they were in the 350 area. I would say that is about the same to a touch less tha the typical '03 stock dyno.

As pointed out, they do weigh significantly less.

JT

...and the weight distribution, suspension, etc. allow it to hook up better as well.

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003bluecobra
which car stock puts down better numbers to the wheels.. 03 cobra or the 03 zo6 ?

DYNO or Track(1/4 mile) numbers??????

Dyno= 03 COBRA!

Track= Z06!

Users who are viewing this thread