03 cobra 0 compression in cylinder 8

5_0coyote

Established Member
ok guys i have already maid a thread trying to figure out why my car was misfiring/ sound cammed well what happen was the piston hit the spark plug and maid a hole into it and oil is coming out of the throttle body and all that but what my question is what could of cause this? oh and the cylinder is 8 and just a couple days ago from that day i got the head rethreaded with a timesert and only got to drive it 3 times before this happened.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I would imagine detonation worked the top of the piston loose at the ring land. This allows it to flop around in the cylinder and smash into the head and possibly the plug. You will know for sure when it comes out and is disassembled.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
just a couple days ago from that day i got the head rethreaded with a timesert and only got to drive it 3 times before this happened.
Could the timesert on # 8 been threaded too far in? You'll know when the head is pulled.

cj428mach

Established Member
Oil in tb is common, are you sure there is a hole in the piston? If so id lean toward the thread insert being in to far.

Could a valve seat fallen out? Thats common from the head tick.

Users who are viewing this thread