03 bucking and going lean

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Hey guys I got an issue that has happened for the last 3 years. Whenever I have got my car out of storage it seems to have an issue. I can be cruising or accelerating. If I try to give it any gas it bucks and jerks and my a/f reads 18. If I give it a good amount of gas it will jerk and will smooth out and run normal air fuel ratio.

The first year this happened I was 2 hours away from home and I added fresh gas at half a tank and it was fine rest of year. Last year it did it an hour away from home. Added gas at 3/4 tank still had problem. Only drove it another 50 miles after that and it was fine. This year drove a half hour from my dads ran fine. Buddy took it to gas station and it started bucking again. We took it out for another ride earlier. Ran fine for a bit then had problem coming home. Been sitting since October with gas with stabil. Car has return system and ported power with the works. I do run ethanol but it's always been stored with 93. It did sit with a tank of ethanol for one summer but it was ran down and filled with gas.

I'm at a loss. The car is damn near undriveable since it bucks it will chirp tires and you can barely take off. I am also worried about it going lean and hurting the motor. Any ideas to start with? I have torque I can use to check. I do also have a few videos I took of my a/f gauge when it happens. Any help appreciated and sorry for the long post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
What % of corn is your car tuned for? Are you consistently getting that % of corn? When you switch to your 93 gas tune, is the system totally void of corn?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Yes I always run it to low fuel. Havent ran corn in 2 years since I havent drove much working on my house. Could it be possible water in the tank

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I think I figured out the problem. I have a fore level 2 system with a walbro 265 primary pump and a 465 secondary. When I left the house I was holding 40 psi and dropping to 30 at wot and spiking 60 when the secondary comes on. About a half hour later cruising on the interstate coming home Im only holding 24 psi. Seems my primary is getting weak when it gets hot?

Also when I got the fuel system Justin at fore recommended the 265 primary. He said a smaller pump will last longer as it doesnt get as hot or work as hard. I maybe have 2000 miles on this pump so far. Hard to believe it took a dump. Also lethals website says its not e85 compatible, when I got this system 4 years ago it was. Apparently the listing was wrong or Justin recommended the wrong pump. Looking now should I get the e85 compatible 465 as another primary, or get the e85 walbro 305 as a primary?

Users who are viewing this thread