'03 Break-in, What the Owner's Manual say?

Black Cobra

Established Member
I remember this topic coming up several times before. Now that some of you have the car, what does the owner's manual say?

a94cobra

Established Member
"Drive It Like You Stole It!" pg.1

That's what mine will say, anyway.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I had planed on taking it easy for about 1,000 miles, well so much for that plan. Got on the boost at 75 miles, about half throttle, the only thing that I can compare it to was the first time I had sex, I knew at that point that it would be my life goal to do this as often as possible.

StangD281

Established Member
I drive it like I stole it every damn time I get in the car!! Those may have been two of the best replies I have ever read.....always a riot on here guys!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:beer:

Last edited:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
From the owners manual page 5.

"There are no particular guidelines for breaking-in your vehicle. During the first 1,000 miles of driving, vary speeds frequently. This is recommended to give the moving parts a chance to break in."

This is boring stuff!!!! but like 94 said "Drive it like you stole it, just not the same speed for long times", coming to work on the turnpike this morning I varied between 85 and 105."

Last edited:

El Culebra

Established Member
"Drive it Like you Stole It" LOL and
"the only thing that I can compare it to was the first time I had sex, I knew at that point that it would be my life goal to do this as often as possible" LOL LOL

You guys crack me up

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by edz
I had planed on taking it easy for about 1,000 miles, well so much for that plan. Got on the boost at 75 miles, about half throttle, the only thing that I can compare it to was the first time I had sex, I knew at that point that it would be my life goal to do this as often as possible.

YOU GUYS RAWK, just makes this week till I get my baby THAT MUCH HARDER man, just think what this car can do with the help of JDM :thumbsup:

Weasel

Established Member
Edz-

That made me laugh out loud. "...That's right officer, I was justs following instructions."

Users who are viewing this thread