'03 Blower on a '97 Cobra

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
My brother-in-law wants to buy my stock Eaton blower when I take it off next month for my Whipple. Couple of questions. Would it be worth putting it on his '97? Could the stock motor even handle the stock 8lbs of boost? Does anyone have a complete part list on what would be needed to swap the Eaton to his '97? Any input would be appreciated.

Blue03Snake

Established Member
no factual evidenence, but i'd guess it's going to cost him around $10,000.....but i bet the block could handle 8 psi...

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
Blue03Snake said:
no factual evidenence, but i'd guess it's going to cost him around $10,000.....but i bet the block could handle 8 psi...

haha...I told him he would be better off buying a Vortech or whatever. Oh well, no harm in asking. Lets see what anyone else says...

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
Turbo%20vs%20SC%20Dollars.jpg

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
It is not my car. I am sure he doesn't have that kind of money for turbos. I was basically inquiring to back what I told him which it would not be worth buying my Eaton for it...too much work to get it to work.

Blue03Snake

Established Member
yeah, i would suggest waiting around just to make sure....but i think i remember someone doing the swap onto a 99-01 cobra and it was around 10,000....maybe he's on here somewhere?

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
10k is way tooo much.. look at that list i posted up before.. its pretty accurate and if you know the differences between turbos and blowers, you know the turbo is better in alot of ways from adjustability to power to price.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
It's been tried many times, few have succeeded... not worth the pain in the ass, not to mention, there are more power routes to boost for far less money.

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
i have put the eaton on my 99 and it wasnt all that hard just trying to find the parts if you go with all used parts it should be cheap to do i have $1,975 in my whole system snowmancobra has also did this so his 99. im sure it wouldnt be much different from the 97 to the 99s

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
green99svtsnake said:
i have put the eaton on my 99 and it wasnt all that hard just trying to find the parts if you go with all used parts it should be cheap to do i have $1,975 in my whole system snowmancobra has also did this so his 99. im sure it wouldnt be much different from the 97 to the 99s

You found all the parts for the swap for 1900? I have been wanting to do the Eaton swap for awhile....I know you can find used mint Eatons for 500-600 bucks pretty easily....The Eaton swap sounds like a cheap way to jump to 450hp. :pepper:

lthlsnake

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
You found all the parts for the swap for 1900? I have been wanting to do the Eaton swap for awhile....I know you can find used mint Eatons for 500-600 bucks pretty easily....The Eaton swap sounds like a cheap way to jump to 450hp. :pepper:

Yeah i found it all on here and on ebay. Its easy to find parts $1975 is everything including a full pillar pod and gauges. If u need help pm me ill hook ya up :burnout:

svtcobra2k1

Dead Crawlin...
Established Member
wow man u got some deal!!! How much boost are you running and if you put on a smaller pully would that be safe for my 01 engine. Also waht kind of numbers are you putting out!!?

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
Well, who knows what he is going to do...I know its definitely not going to be putting an Eaton on so, if anyone is interested I will have my Eaton up for sale in the next month or two along with TB and plenum and stock '03 injectors.

lthlsnake

Established Member
i have the stock pulleys and i can run about 12lbs. Im sure u can do more but i dont know have to ask someone that knows these 4v.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:

I got a used mint Eaton. Had 7000 miles on it before I swapt it for the Whipple. If your looking.

Users who are viewing this thread