03 Bites another German goody-goody

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Saw this 02 M3 driving through traffic the other day. Going my way. He was up about 1/4 mile ahead. I tried to catch up. He was in and out of lanes.

WELL WHAT DO WE HAVE HEAR.... A TRAFFIC LIGHT!!!

He jumps to the FAR right lane. I get RIGHT behind him. There is construction in the area and the road is dirty so I KNOW I'm gonna spin (I know the light WELL..Many kills here).

He FLIES off the line. I reel him in WITH SPIN and WITH EASE! I am accelerating SO much faster than he is and I need 2nd so I jump a lane over to pass (of course the other cars are no where near us by now). Hit second and NAIL IT! I am still cleaning him EASY and spinning like hell. 03 Snake GETS SIDEWAYS ON ME... AY CARRUMBA! Scared the CRAP out of me. Had to let off.

He WANTS MORE? Ok... I was basicallt TOYING with the thing. Could easily out accelerate him at ANY point, gear, MPH, etc... Prolly woulda been like 10 cars on him by 120 or so the way I was running him...

Beautiful cars though! NICE FAT REAR TIRES on dem M3s...

:loser:

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
I am not sure what i seem to have possibly instigated here, so before it gets out of hand i will clarify. I was thinking a m5 would probably be a good competitive race for him as opposed to the m3.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Good kill but wouldn't a dead stock 03 Cobra kill a new M3 and M5 hands down from a stop????????? Maybe M5 a little more work but still??? I thought the M3/M5 is a 13+ 1/4 mile and Cobra is 12+.

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by needspeed
Good kill but wouldn't a dead stock 03 Cobra kill a new M3 and M5 hands down from a stop????????? Maybe M5 a little more work but still??? I thought the M3/M5 is a 13+ 1/4 mile and Cobra is 12+.

Yes, from a stop the 03 should take them but remember the M3 and M5 shine at speed though.

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
The M5 would have no chance...we have worked on a couple M5's and 1 M3. They are both beutiful cars but with 394hp in a pretty heavy M5 and 333hp in the M3 you should be able to take them both from a light or at speed on the highway. Bmw is very good at combining speed, luxury and good looks but all this comes at a price :dw: !! :-D

Last edited:

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Thanks for the info chevytosvt, i thought the m5's were a bit quicker then that but i didnt realize the weight. Always appreciate some good insight on the enemy

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
no problem, if you ever get a chance to take an M5 for a spin dont pass it up!! amazing mix of luxury power and handling!:-D

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I think I would SPANK a Z8. Why, because I think they are only mid to high 12 cars. I am about 517 HP at the crank on a HOT day. Hence I am probably 550 or so on a very cold day. I have already produced a 12.0 @ 118. The car is QUITE capable of a mid 11 with a perfect run.

I ran into one on the road one day and we chatted. He said his was 0-60 in 4.8 second. I know the 03 Cobra is rated a 4.5 STOCK! I am probably 4.0 with a perfect launch. Its difficult to launch this car with THIS MUCH power!

Dont get me wrong I LOVE hte German cars. BUt they are usually cocky guys driving them. Give you the same look as the Z06 guy I spanked: "Yea right, like what are YOU going to do with a MUSTANG?"... I love when I get the "tude" and I RAPE them! Its funny... Its not even like I beat them either. I SPANK them SO bad...

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Ha ha ha, sound's like wreckage to me.
On a totally unrelated noted, I ran into this guy with an Oldsmobile 442. This guy had a 454 big block in this thing. Yeah, it's probably heavy as hell, but then you just listen to this thing. It had to have been pushing 500-600 hp.

LS1 Guy

Established Member
Nice kill.

My encounter with an M3 was not as easy as yours. I had to contend with the stock GM clutch sticking to the floor upon launch. Still got 'em though.:beer:

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Well Fast03 with that kind of power your gonna probably find it tough to find a good race, i think its fair to say there still arent that many 11 second street cars running around. More then in previous years yes, but not as many as people would like to think.

Users who are viewing this thread