03 2.3 whipple cobra vs 04 T76 Hellion Cobra HD daytime video

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Hey Guys,
I sold my whole 2.3 whipple setup to a buddy at the beginning of the season and went turbo. When I say whole setup I mean this car is my exact old setup right down to the tune. Car was stock with a pulley before me and him installed everything in 2 evenings. Nothing like bolting 600 RWHP on in a few nights! My car ran strong and his is the same, I made 607 RWHP with this setup and he made 608 RWHP on the same dyno. :banana: I am very happy for him since I loved the whipple for the 4 years I had it. So he will and is already loving it.

We did a few runs to see how my new setup compared to my old setup. It not everyday you see how your new mods compared to your old ones. LOL

Enjoy :beer:

[youtube_browser]BTe46384HYY[/youtube_browser]

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not gonna point any elbows but someone was asleep at the hit.... Im kinda disappointed as i figured you would blow his doors off after half a gear into it...
You are a superior driver too... I think you sandbaged to try to make him feel all warm and fuzzy about your old set up on his car.

Thanks for posting the nice daytime video.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Im not gonna point any elbows but someone was asleep at the hit.... Im kinda disappointed as i figured you would blow his doors off after half a gear into it...
You are a superior driver too... I think you sandbaged to try to make him feel all warm and fuzzy about your old set up on his car.

Thanks for posting the nice daytime video.

Yeah the first race I was taking it easy on him. We both knew the out come. I was just playing the first run. Second I tried a bit more and the third I actually brake boosted. If I wanted to pull him hard I would have brake boosted all 3 runs. But these were for fun and I just wanted to see how they compared.

Trust me when I am in a actual race scenario. I bring my A game there is no sleeping. :beer: I was basicly messing around with him, He is a buddy. We both knew what was going to happen. I am just happy with how my car pulls compared to my old setup, You could say it is definitely an improvement LOL

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Thats pretty cool that you got to pretty much race agianst your car before you went turbo lol...

How much power you making now and what psi you running? pump gas?

I figured I would get a 2.9 or something one day.. but when I see videos like this makes me think i should go straight to turbo and skip the twin screw step

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the first race I was taking it easy on him. We both knew the out come. I was just playing the first run. Second I tried a bit more and the third I actually brake boosted. If I wanted to pull him hard I would have brake boosted all 3 runs. But these were for fun and I just wanted to see how they compared.

Trust me when I am in a actual race scenario. I bring my A game there is no sleeping. :beer: I was basicly messing around with him, He is a buddy. We both knew what was going to happen. I am just happy with how my car pulls compared to my old setup, You could say it is definitely an improvement LOL

I figured thats was what was going on. I would have had no mercy, no even even with my brother. Take no prisoners! :D

Id like to see more videos of you actually racing, seems like they are very rare.

:beer:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
great video, love both cars!

Great video. Both cars sounded sick!!!

Good runs!

Thanks guys :beer:

Thats pretty cool that you got to pretty much race agianst your car before you went turbo lol...

How much power you making now and what psi you running? pump gas?

I figured I would get a 2.9 or something one day.. but when I see videos like this makes me think i should go straight to turbo and skip the twin screw step

I will never go back to supercharged after going turbo it's just to much damn fun!

My car made 703/709 on 16.8 PSI on pump gas + straight meth and 740/754 on 18.5 PSI pump + straight meth. Car was making just under 18PSI on the street last night.

I figured thats was what was going on. I would have had no mercy, no even even with my brother. Take no prisoners! :D

Id like to see more videos of you actually racing, seems like they are very rare.

:beer:

I wish I could post more races but I have a hard time finding anything to race in my area. I have to go 4 hours south to get anything worth while and most of my buddies down there are big hitters 850+ big turbo/auto cars. Which I would still like to have fun with anyway but I wish I could find something close to race. I have a supra lined up that made 735 RWHP on race gas and went 10.50 at the track. But he is 4 hours away and we need to do some organizing to get it going. I also have a buddy in my city with a 640 RWHP TT dart block fox which would be a fun race since he is much lighter. Once his clutch is broken in I'll get him out and get it on video. Other than that I have a rematch with a '12 ZR1 that I have already race but we only got one clean run in and I ran out of meth (my car drinks it like koolaid LOL). he said he wanted to go again, so hopefully I see him around again so I can line that up on video aswell. Other than that I am down ANYTIME but unfortunately people in my city are not :(

I8URLS1

Established Member
Love it man, I could tell you didn't break boost until the last run. It makes a world of difference

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Badass vid and cobra

Thanks!

Love it man, I could tell you didn't break boost until the last run. It makes a world of difference

Thanks, I didn't really need to but I thought I would try it the last run.

damn thats fast!

Thanks I am happy with how the car turned out.

Dammmnnnnn !!!! Jesus Ty the new turbo setup moves out.. Got some more power to make to keep up :beer:

:rockon:

Cheers homie

Yep, get yours finished. You still owe me races from when I was whippled!

Awesome
Races

Thanks.

Jesus, I might just keep my car and go turbo over the winter!!!

Do it, you won't regret it! :beer:

great vid. nice to see the dif between setups

Yep, glad I got to sell the parts to somebody I know. Sometimes I miss the instant power and he has let me bang some gears in it since.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, that sucks about your area. I get more races than i can keep track. It would kill me to have such a beast of a car and not being able to play.

Take it easy with that car man, shinny side up!

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Damn, that sucks about your area. I get more races than i can keep track. It would kill me to have such a beast of a car and not being able to play.

Take it easy with that car man, shinny side up!

Lucky!

oh yeah it sucks, I feel like I am all dressed up with no where to go :(

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
First video I was thinking "why didnt they pan the camera back!" then you came by at the end

Second video I was saying the same thing "PAN CAMERA BA.......oh dear the flyby"

Third video, "here we go agai..........WELL DAMN" lol

Nice comparison video! Especially for both being on 16 psi, ole silver rolls out hard!

Users who are viewing this thread