03 10th ann. New in wrapper 5 miles!! Mso/never titled

1BIGMOFO

Established Member
I watched it on ebay at least 4 times.. It looks like the owner tries to bid it up at the end and then the car meets the reserve and sells but it all of the sudden comes back up for sale again.....

Cosmicdrifter

Established Member
If the car has 5.5 miles, that means it has not been driven - maybe even hasn't been cranked and run for a long time.

I'm wondering what condition the gaskets and seals are in? Also, there are a lot of rotating parts that need to rotate intermittently; isn't there a downside to having the engine, transmission, and rear end immobilized for 8 years.

I'm sure there is a master mechanic or mechanical brainiac that can tell us, "Why is it bad to let a car set for 8 years without running?"

And secondly, "What will the new owner have to do to get the car mobilized; what needs to be changed or disassembled and evaluated?"

Maybe I'm wrong; maybe you can just fire it up and drive it down to the McDonald's without any problems.

I think whoever buys it should know if they are going to have to spend some money to get it street worthy.

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
I agree with the above poster. I don't have any definitive information on it, but it sure doesn't seem good for all the fluids, parts, etc. to just sit for that long. Seems like things could be gummed up after all that sitting. But I don't really know.

Cosmicdrifter

Established Member
I agree with the above poster. I don't have any definitive information on it, but it sure doesn't seem good for all the fluids, parts, etc. to just sit for that long. Seems like things could be gummed up after all that sitting. But I don't really know.

It seems logical that there would be some problems; I hope someone who knows the answer to this will post. I wouldn't buy the car if I had the money if I didn't know the answer to these questions.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I would think that if you had 40k invested in a car to sit like that you would take appropriate car of the car such as firing it up every other week and changing fluids.

But, who knows.

GTIZZL

Established Member

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I don't understand. It says the car has an Autoscore check of 87? Shouldn't it be damn near 100? It gets me every time....

I never understood that score. Any help, please/

Users who are viewing this thread