03-05 More then 8lbs Boost

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
K well i guess there not producing the 03 cobras anymore, so im shooting for the 04's or 05s hopefully they have the 05's in cobra that would be nice. K well i know the stock cobras come with the 8lbs or well i belive so. I want to get 25-30 lbs. I know its possible but what would i need to upgrade/install buy to be able to achieve this kind of boost. I know a new pulley and some internals but im not sure what i need, new pistons possibly and fule injection maybe also. What kind of things would i need to incrase? such ass chassis so i cant hold all that boost, and is there anything else i need for protection so my engine dosent end up like this ----> :burn: i wanna make sure it dosent up liek that and --------> :lol: people wont b doin this 2 me. so i can achieve this boost and i can be :beer: with my friends with out hte fire.. So can u guys sugest what i can do to achieve this enormous power?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
I want to get 25-30 lbs.

first of all at this boost lvl you are overspinning the blower to where it loses all its efficiency....too much boost makes too much heat therefor you end up losing power...epecially if u are trying to do this on the stock Eaton S/C(AKA Heaton)

The only way to safely run this much boost is to swap to a kenne-bell supercharger which makes more HP per lbs of boost at lower temps. Not to mention that some Pulley idlers are definitely needed to prevent belt slippage and boost drop off.

I know a new pulley and some internals but im not sure what i need, new pistons possibly and fule injection maybe also

Even the smallest pulley (2.76 or lower) requires an idler...combine a lower pulley to run these PSI's your overspinnin the blower again...

new pistons would not be required because the stock pistons and rods are forged and have a conservative 8.5:1 compression ratio. Runnin high boost requires colder spark plugs and prolly high lb. injectors not to mention a safe timing tune (A/F as well)

What kind of things would i need to incrase? such ass chassis so i cant hold all that boost

Umm your stock Tranny (clutch, fly) wont take this power for long so upgrading to SPEC III stuff would have to come not to mention the IRS would not take much of this abuse with this kind of Torque. Some wheel hop with this kind of power and you can say goodbye to your stock Halfshafts and possible Differential..

If your actually serious about adding this kind of power to your car i suggest talkin' to Rick or Lynn @ AmazonRacing.com or go to there forum in the Cobra/Terminator section. They know their stuff and can tell you what your car can take and what it cant and they will tell u what they have to get you where you want to go SAFELY.

Like I said if your serious about Runnin 25+ PSI, your best bet is to buy the Kenne-Bell Blower or the soon to appear Works Blower.(talk to Rick)

Hope i helped....go to the terminator forum and post their for some help from dozens of experts and the best info.

PS..Scarface is awesome...

hj16

Established Member
Either talk to Rick at Amazon, Jim at JDM, or Pete at PJs Performance

25-30psi on the KB will be making massive power (700+rwhp) and a whole lotta things are goingto have to be upgraded. Even after all of that you'll still haveto expect for things to break. And I hope you have an extra $7,000 for when the motor calls it quits.

Try taking it one small step at a time instead of one giant leap.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
heheh dang 700 RWHP naw thats too much, what if i get to about 400+ hp i dont think ill go over 500, or maybe but not more then 550 thats for sure im shooting about 420-490. How about boost from like 10-15? How much HP will that pop up.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
heheh dang 700 RWHP naw thats too much, what if i get to about 400+ hp i dont think ill go over 500, or maybe but not more then 550 thats for sure im shooting about 420-490. How about boost from like 10-15? How much HP will that pop up.

Tony... The 03 Cobras actually have over 400hp at the crank. If your shooting for 420 to 490hp then sounds like pulley and chip are right up your alley. With that said there is absolutely nothing else you'll have to change as far as this engine is concerned running at the 450hp level.

hj16

Established Member
Looks like a 2.90 or 2.80 pulley will suit your needs just fine.

With the 2.90, a chip, CAI, and CatBack you're looking at 450rwhp/460rwtq with 13~psi on the Eaton

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Well considering the price tag on the 03 cobra compared 2 the mach 1 there is quite a bit of diffrence. Im kinda young but dont get me wrong i love the stangs and escpecially the cobra but sometimes i think 390+ HP is too much for me, not that i will do anything stupid.... very often.... but i was considering a mach 1 or a cobra, and if i do go with the mach 1, i know there arent many options like the cobra, to upgrade it for example a S/C isnt out yet and when it is it will cost a good 4-6k. Just wonding how much would i spend 2 get about 400 HP on the mach 1, with the non forged internals. Can u tell me the diffrence between forged and non forged?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Well considering the price tag on the 03 cobra compared 2 the mach 1 there is quite a bit of diffrence. Im kinda young but dont get me wrong i love the stangs and escpecially the cobra but sometimes i think 390+ HP is too much for me, not that i will do anything stupid.... very often.... but i was considering a mach 1 or a cobra, and if i do go with the mach 1, i know there arent many options like the cobra, to upgrade it for example a S/C isnt out yet and when it is it will cost a good 4-6k. Just wonding how much would i spend 2 get about 400 HP on the mach 1, with the non forged internals. Can u tell me the diffrence between forged and non forged?

www.mach1registry.com
The guys at that URL know there stuff about the Mach1's so take a look around that forum.

The bottom line is, to get the kind of power out of the mach1 that you get out of a pulley and chipped Terminator and yet maintain longevity you would end up spending more time and money than it would be worth. However the Mach1 5-speeds are mid to low 13 second cars stock if you look at it from that prespective and only require a few bolt ons to get to run high 12's.

If your worried about too much power there's always the Mustang GT. Those have always been a good bargain when it comes to baseline performance.

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
to upgrade it for example a S/C isnt out yet and when it is it will cost a good 4-6k. Just wonding how much would i spend 2 get about 400 HP on the mach 1, with the non forged internals. Can u tell me the diffrence between forged and non forged?
There are SC'd Mach 1s out there right now. And a couple of Turbo'd ones as well.

Users who are viewing this thread