'03 & '04 Window sticker gas mileage

tfoster405

Established Member
What was changed from the '03 to '04 gas mileage? The '03 had 16 city/22 highway and the '04 has 17 city/24 highway. Was this change in the tuning of the ECU? I have an '03 and was just wondering.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Don't know what changed but the 04's did not get hit with a gas guzzler tax either due to the increased mileage.

xxxzach

Established Member
actually the gas guzzler tax was incorporated into the base MSRP... its still there. The reason the 04's have the 1mpg more is because of the cats that it has which are more restrictive. If i'm wrong here anyone can correct me, but this is how i have understood it all.

lethal

Established Member
I dont think they can do that, if you are paying a tax, you must know about it. The consensus on the boards (so far) is that a tune change and the different cats may have lead to the increased mpg as well as the drop in the GG tax.

Also, the first 03 owners complained about the shift light, well, we found out that the shift light (when properly used) yielded better mileage and our GG tax went from $2500 to $1000. Of course, not may people use it, but for $1500 I am glad it is there.

John

Users who are viewing this thread