03/04 Wheel 17x10?

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
Has anyone ever seen a 03/04 17x10? I like the offset and look of most 18x10 wheels and am looking for a 03/04 wheel that doesn't stick out as much as a 17x10.5.

Thanks

ranger50

the only aftermarket wheels that are out there are the 17x10.5 but you say that you dont like them. the only other thing that i would say is to go to your nearest discount tire and talk to them. they are very sharp and can order anything.

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
I guess the folks at discount tire in AZ are smarter than the ones in CA. I've looked through a tone of websites and everyone has a 10.5. I think I might just get new wheels all together.

thanks

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
You can always buy a 17x9 rim and have it stretched or stretch your stock rim. I don't know exactly who would do this, but I remember reading about it on another forum. The only problem from what I remember is that it is a bit expensive.

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
I talked to my local speed shop today and they told me that its not that hard to do but I would need 4 wheels to do it right/nice since they chop and combine two wheels into one.

To me its worth it because tires for a set of 18s is pretty expensive. 13" brakes in 18" wheels look inadequate. And to be honest, when my stock chromies on my white car are clean, I think they look great on my car - so I'm going to explore picking up an extra set of chromies for my car and have them chopped into 17x10s and run a 5/8" spacer to get the offset just right.

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
maliclipse said:
I talked to my local speed shop today and they told me that its not that hard to do but I would need 4 wheels to do it right/nice since they chop and combine two wheels into one.

To me its worth it because tires for a set of 18s is pretty expensive. 13" brakes in 18" wheels look inadequate. And to be honest, when my stock chromies on my white car are clean, I think they look great on my car - so I'm going to explore picking up an extra set of chromies for my car and have them chopped into 17x10s and run a 5/8" spacer to get the offset just right.

Excellent!--Love to see some pics when you are done.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
No way will I trust homemade rims on my car. You could reqret it.

Welded wheels sound like a disaster waiting to happen.

WDW MKR

Established Member
maliclipse said:

That's a lot of spacer. I have MM 1/4" spacers on my car, and I would never go more. Now, I think the AFS 17"x10.5" have 2mm more backspacing than stock wheels, so that may contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread