03-04 w/ cams, ported heads

coleman

Established Member
i should be picking up my car today, but i have some reservations about placing it on a dyno the day i get it ... :kaboom:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
i should be picking up my car today, but i have some reservations about placing it on a dyno the day i get it ... :kaboom:

coleman....inquiring minds want to know.:dw: What are your numbers??:eek:

Darin

coleman

Established Member
no dyno yet. only what DSF is telling me.
i don't even have any idea what level of boost it's running yet.
i want 15#, but w/o figuring in back pressure, i won't know until i see the boost gauge @ WOT.

03'Darin

Established Member
no dyno yet. only what DSF is telling me.
i don't even have any idea what level of boost it's running yet.
i want 15#, but w/o figuring in back pressure, i won't know until i see the boost gauge @ WOT.

I'm on the edge of my seat.:thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
i'm going to need to learn how to drive again :burnout: ... not that i knew how to drive before though :lol1:

after driving this taurus loaner for some time ... it'll be INSANE

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm just excited about someone having all the mods done! I cant have it done but I'm hoping someone can! I would love to see that beast!

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by lRageATMl
Believe it or not, the car is still my daily driver. I've managed to get around without it (renting/borrowing cars from family sucks), but it is the only car I have.

Next time I see you, remind me to tell you that you're nuts! :p

:beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
:

taurus loaner:dw:

Damn......an engine buider that gives out loaner cars.:p

Darin

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
Rage..How mid you pay for your H/C setup?

For everything from lm engines (blower, heads, cams, valve job) it was 2400. They completly disassembled the heads, and reassembled them and timed the secondary chains (the one on the head it self). Also replaced valve seals and all.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
i'm going to need to learn how to drive again :burnout: ... not that i knew how to drive before though :lol1:

I've been driving a honda civic around for the most part!

I forgot what power feels like :cryying:

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
For everything from lm engines (blower, heads, cams, valve job) it was 2400. They completly disassembled the heads, and reassembled them and timed the secondary chains (the one on the head it self). Also replaced valve seals and all.

Wow thats a good price...I got a quote from another shop, was quite a bit more. Then again i dont know your exact specs. Good Luck..im anxious to see your results.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Does that price include removing the heads, blower, etc or did you do all that and drop off the heads and blower at their shop?

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by JPKII
Does that price include removing the heads, blower, etc or did you do all that and drop off the heads and blower at their shop?

I removed the heads/blower and personally hand delivered it to them and picked them up (to make sure NOTHING went wrong in shipping). They are about 2 hours away from me so I figured it was worth the drive.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
To the original question,

I will be running a ported head \ cam combo very soon. Along with a .20 over bottom end, Apten ported blower and a long list of other goodies.

hopefully it'll be going together asap. Been waiting on parts mostly. Heads are done and waiting for cams, bottom end is done but waiting for the moroso oil pan and a billet oil pump gear etc....

Poly mounts, new rad & heat exchanger, GW subs, elec water pump, plasma booster, vortech ice box, jlp cold air tube etc...... should all be here this week, along with my ported & polished blower from apten :) Trans was out getting the 26spline input shaft .... Hopefully by the begining of next week we should have everything to put the car back together.

I already have the whole JDM set-up exhaust (kooks\h-pipe\magnaflow), accufab T\B, 4lb lower & 2.8 upper etc......
With all the new additions hopefully I should make over 600 out back.

Only a few things left to get, the clutch set-up, and waiting on those dss half shafts and that rear girdle.

Right after for anyone whos interested the dyno numbers & etc I'll make availible.

Only thing not determined is someone to tune the car?

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
To the original question,

I will be running a ported head \ cam combo very soon. Along with a .20 over bottom end, Apten ported blower and a long list of other goodies.

hopefully it'll be going together asap. Been waiting on parts mostly. Heads are done and waiting for cams, bottom end is done but waiting for the moroso oil pan and a billet oil pump gear etc....

Poly mounts, new rad & heat exchanger, GW subs, elec water pump, plasma booster, vortech ice box, jlp cold air tube etc...... should all be here this week, along with my ported & polished blower from apten :) Trans was out getting the 26spline input shaft .... Hopefully by the begining of next week we should have everything to put the car back together.

I already have the whole JDM set-up exhaust (kooks\h-pipe\magnaflow), accufab T\B, 4lb lower & 2.8 upper etc......
With all the new additions hopefully I should make over 600 out back.

Only a few things left to get, the clutch set-up, and waiting on those dss half shafts and that rear girdle.

Right after for anyone whos interested the dyno numbers & etc I'll make availible.

Only thing not determined is someone to tune the car?

Have you done anything besides injectors with the fuel system? With the potential for close to 600rwhp with your combo won't you need more than injectors??

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread