03 04 VMP TVS 2.3 and 96-98 Cobra Hood

ti-force

Established Member
Anyone tried this? The bump in the hood allows the Eaton M112 to fit with a smaller pulley. Not sure if OE size pulley would fit or not. I need to use some clay and measure the actual clearance.

If no one has any experience with this, I'm wondering if someone could provide a precise measurement from the bottom of the tvs to the center of the pulley? Or perhaps some reference point on the engine to the center of the pulley so I can compare. Or maybe I'll get lucky and someone has measured both and can tell me if there is any difference in height to the center of the pulley. I'm hoping that since the tvs was designed from OEM CAD data (M112?) to fit perfectly and clear the stock hood (as per VMP website) that no increase in height was made, however, I'm pretty sure there's more room under an 03 04 Cobra hood to play with so I may not be so lucky.

I'd really like to know before purchasing the tvs 2.3, though.

Thanks,

Casey

ti-force

Established Member
Just measured from the center of my Eaton pulley down to the center of the first idler pulley directly below the supercharger pulley on the bridge and I got 6-3/4". Any chance someone could help me out by measuring the same center to center with a tvs 2.3 installed?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread